Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

pet peeve of the moment: misleading names

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet peeve of the moment: misleading names

of all the things i cant stand, its when arrogant pricks come into servers, call themselves "newb" or something along those lines yet obviously own pretty much everyone there

like just a few minutes ago i finished on a dm server in 1st place with 30 kills in 7 minutes and so i see some guy called ultimate-newb (probably with some weird capitalization algorhythm) and in just 3 minutes he has like 22...

your opinions? i personally think that anyone who has to disguise themselves as a newb is just completely insecure as a person and makes them look like *******s. point is: if youre going to call yourself a noob, you better play like one

or it could be a joke.... i find it amusing

Comment

Never really paid that much attention.

Comment

Lmao, were you playing on a demo server as "haha" last night? I saw you there asking that guy to change his name, lol. I was aliasing, like I usually do on DM pubs.

Comment

:bulb:

Comment

And no I wasn't that Ultimate_Newb guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
              I was aliasing, like I usually do on DM pubs.
              but why

dont you realize you just wind up appearing as a player whos insecure about their skills

that kind of mentality is even worse in some clanned people - its like theyll alias in case they lose, but if they win theyll put on their "1337" clan tag to show everyone theyre "1337"

and no im not that "haha" guy but apparently he has a point

Comment

True n00bs don't call themselves n00b, they call everyone else n00b.

Comment

Originally posted by ug_rulz_all
                  but why

dont you realize you just wind up appearing as a player whos insecure about their skills

that kind of mentality is even worse in some clanned people - its like theyll alias in case they lose, but if they win theyll put on their "1337" clan tag to show everyone theyre "1337"

and no im not that "haha" guy but apparently he has a point
                  I really don't know why I alias in DM pubs, it's not really because I'm insecure about my skill as I can win most of the time in pubs. I think it's more of a routine, it's not like I don't want people to know I alias because I leave xfire on, and anyone who has me on their list can notice I'm aliasing. And no, I have never unaliased during a game to show how "1337" me and my clan are.

Comment

yeah it can be annoying

yeah I find it annoying when people that are pretty good at the game have that kinda names....with noob in it......I'm not sure why...personally I guess I feel like I'm being made fun of......and if you say that its a joke.....well I don't see how it is funny.......but anyways I hold no grief toward them....its all cool...

Comment

I sometimes alias when I'm learning a new gametype or something - I don't want to embarass myself. It's quite interesting the difference in play style it makes. When I'm using my real name, I get much more atatched to the game. If I alias, I can play without feeling the need to win as much.

Comment

So... if I name myself KickArseLeetSOB and you kill me a bunch will you feel better then?

Rarely do I notice names, and only then to know who's kickin' my butt. Don't much care what the name is... just need to watch out for that one at that time. duh.

Comment

Quit complaining about stupid little details. Who cares what his name is. Do you only play people who are terrible or are you just scared of a little challenge if you're good then you'll beat him no matter what his name is.

Comment

So people shouldn't be allowed to call themselves whatever they want. Yeah Right. In case you can't guess my nick on INA is an alias. :haha:

Comment

He sounds like the ultimate n00b to me ... 3 minutes you say

Comment

Working...
                              X