BioRifle haters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BioRifle haters?

What's the deal with Epic always referring to the BioRifle as being "the most controversal"? In 2003 they even made it sound like the BioRifle almost didn't make it. - [mad:] You mean there's someone out there threatening my precious BioRifle?!

The BioRifle has always been my alltime favorite UT weapon. What's the deal? Do YOU like the BioRifle? Think it should be replaced?

bio is one of my favorite! :up:

Comment

I love the bio rifle because it's a great defensive weapon, especially in BR. In an emergency, I can shoot the ball in front of me to lure the other team towards it, and as they're going for the ball, shoot some bio stuff at the ball, and most of the time the other people die because they're not expecting that.

Comment

A couple wallops and I'm short on ammo. It's tricky, but lethal.

I just don't have it very high on my weapon priority list, so I don't get much of an opportunity to use it.

The most annoying thing about using the Biorifle is the collaterial damage it causes. Worse than the flak cannon.

It will get you through in a pinch:up:

Comment

Bio rifle is best in narrow corridors or when the enemy doesn't know you're there. Other than that it ain't that great. Still useful on occasion though, I see no reason to get rid of it.

Comment

I love standing around a corner that you know the attackers have to come around in Assault and give them big gops of goo right in the face. If they come in a group cuz they all respawned together, the splash will give you a MULTIKILL!

Comment

The Bio Rifle and the Shock Rifle are what made Unreal, unreal. They've been around since the first iteration of the series.

But, I really shouldn't be saying anything, since I play mostly ONS, and thus, don't get to use it unless we play ArticStronghold.

Comment

primary fire is useless!
                but a charge and switch to flak before you fire is prety usefull

Comment

I have to admit I hate that thing, I never use it and if it was gone I would not miss it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePerfectCore
                    The Bio Rifle and the Shock Rifle are what made Unreal, unreal. They've been around since the first iteration of the series.
                    **** straight, not to mention hitting someone in midair after they took a jumppad with a full shot of goo is the most satisfying thing...EVER

Comment

<--------- What do you think I voted?

People have complained about the biorifle from time to time, it gets all the usual 1337 complaints: it's spammy, it's cowardly, it's n00bish. I think I've seen one or two rants about "goop campers" before. Conversely, I've recently seen one or two complaints about the current version of the biorifle being underpowered...

Plus, the biorifle is just plain weird. It's gotta be one of the more "out there" weapons in FPS land, with its arcing trajectory and delayed explosion... add a one- shot kill into the mix and I can easily see controversy on the way.

However, despite the fact that the biorifle is weird and even kind of gross, there's an almost sublime elegance and grace to the midair one- shot bio kill. Just as you land from a from a 20 foot jump, you see your target move into just the right spot -- as though guided by the Hand of Fate itself -- and your big, green, jiggling glob of goo comes right down onto him/ her at the end of a slow and flawless parabola. Splat. It's like Newtonian poetry, or the opening sequence from 2001: A Space Odyssey. And you know the guy on the recieving end feels just a little bit strange and confused by the whole sequence of events...

Well OK, maybe the biorifle isn't quite that cool, but I like it.

Comment

"Goop campers" :haha: <classic :up:

Underpowered you say? Hmm, my thought was "Dang, the gobs fly 10x faster than classic UT." Remember in classic UT, the bio-gobs flew in moon-gravity. Now they 'fly'. I only wish the alt-fire gop had a larger splash radius when it hit somebody. <because 2003/4 has MUCH bigger maps - no longer are people close to each other, and it's rare now to get any multiple-kills with it. Annoying to NOT kill someone a few feet away from explosion.

Comment

The Bio-rifle dates back to the original Unreal, where I had my first LAN expiriences. Because of that, all of the original weapons have a special place in my heart.

In 2k4, I find myself charging up a full blast and then (God bless Epic, I love queueing weapon changes) I queue up my flak or mini so that the very instant I fire, my weapon switches without having to hit another button to finish off any survivors.

It sort of seems to boil down to a mine layer some times as well.

I don't love it, and in fact don't use it often (maybe 'cause I'm not too good with it) but I don't want it to disappear.

(BTW, does the goo float again in 2k4? I didn't notice.)

Comment

I like it because everytime I use it I think "snot cannon"

Just the inner child screaming out inside of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Iron_Wulf
                              "snot cannon"
                              :up:

So far I see four "don't like it"s and 4 more "hate it"s. I'm curious to hear what those people have to say...

Comment

Working...
                              X