No announcement yet.

Any news on TTM2k4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and yet again the flamewar starts. And while everyone who doesnt like the skins keeps whining, clanbase and all other competative pages take up UTcomp in their rules and we all play happy while the whiners stay on public servers. Some things never change

Comment

I just tried UTComp on a testserver....

And I have to say I don't really like it
      I think I will NOT put it on my pub!

Some things are quite nice, indeed, like the warmup and the autodemorec (the only things I really wanna have).

But it is way to focused on this BSBS (=> Bright-Skins BullSh1t).
      Even with them turned off in ther server.ini it's using Epic's instead of NONE!
      That and some other things I feel not comfortable with will result in another throw into the trashcan

So, I guess I have to wait for TTM.
      I tried the first beta, and there I could disable everything but the things I really wanted and it was like the disabled stuff wasn't ever there - THAT'S how it is supposed to be :up:

Well, yes, the quite fine implementation of colored nicks is also nice.... But I can life without it.

Summary: UTComp = of no use for me

[edit]
      Originally posted by [VE]MaLeBolGiA
      and yet again the flamewar starts. And while everyone who doesnt like the skins keeps whining, clanbase and all other competative pages take up UTcomp in their rules and we all play happy while the whiners stay on public servers. Some things never change
      This has nothing to with whining!
      I just don't like the brightskins, no matter wich.

I'd just like to have the option to disable them COMPLETELY - an option UTComp does not offer me.

Add it and I might install it.

Comment

first of all, news on ttm can always be found on www.planetunreal.com/ttm

second. UTcomp brightskins can be turned off serverside aswell as clientside

Comment

stoere vent met z'n mysod in z'n sig Speel je uberhaupt wel voor ze of gewoon irc lamen

Comment

1st, CB are pretty much agaisnt the use of UTComp. Well at least the head admin is.

2nd, Hellcat, which version did you test? the newest versions allow you to turn off the new skins. The current release, 1.3 rc1, also gives you improved epic brightskins.

Comment

Avtually you are wrong.
              TTM is used on CB atm in ladders and in the first CTF cup neither TTM or UTcomp will be used.

Comment

That's great for you. Maybe your happiness will increase enough to make you drop that snob act.

Comment

Originally posted by SpH1nX
                  second. UTcomp brightskins can be turned off serverside aswell as clientside
                  Originally posted by Ghode
                  2nd, Hellcat, which version did you test? the newest versions allow you to turn off the new skins. The current release, 1.3 rc1, also gives you improved epic brightskins.
                  I had the 1.2 final tested.
                  Didn't wan't to try a RC as a RC is "only an advanced beta" - I only put final releases on my pubs.

I set ServerSideEnableBrightskins=0 - that disabled the UTCompe BS, yes. And used Epic's instead.

There was only this option to choose what BS are beeing used, there is nowhere one mentioned to disable (aka forbid) them completely on the server. (Sorry, I just don't like them )

I'd love to be proven wrong, maybe I just missed something, as there ARE some things I really like on UTComp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellcat2k3

On a nVidia card? I do!

Muhuhaha,thx,gave me a laugh

Comment

I had the 1.2 final tested.
                      Didn't wan't to try a RC as a RC is "only an advanced beta" - I only put final releases on my pubs.

I set ServerSideEnableBrightskins=0 - that disabled the UTCompe BS, yes. And used Epic's instead.

There was only this option to choose what BS are beeing used, there is nowhere one mentioned to disable (aka forbid) them completely on the server. (Sorry, I just don't like them )

I'd love to be proven wrong, maybe I just missed something, as there ARE some things I really like on UTComp.
                      bEnableSkinVoting=False

Comment

Hellcat, you haven't answered my question

Comment

Originally posted by Ghode
                          bEnableSkinVoting=False
                          Yep, that was also set.
                          Still brightskins per default :-/

Originally posted by GIdenJoe
                          Hellcat, you haven't answered my question
                          I'm currently adding some more or less nice GFX and then releasing an early pre-alpha or something like that :bulb:

Comment

Yeah, that's already first thing to install on a fresh server! :up:
                            But it hasen't warmup and such....
                            hm, actually it has! you didn't try the clanmatch setup, did you?

warmup is easy to be enabled

-> http://www.unrealza.co.za/proasm/ut2vote41.html :up:

Comment

I don't want to setup a clanmatch!
                              I just want it on whatever I am currently playing.

Comment

Working...
                              X