Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What? 1 search every 60 seconds? That's retarded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What? 1 search every 60 seconds? That's retarded.

Okay, wtf. Why does the search only allow 1 search every 60 seconds EVEN WHEN YOU'RE A REGISTERED USER!

I mean, if you want to reduce the dumb questions where a simple Search of The Forum (STF) would have provided an answer, at least let me search the damb forum!

\RANT

Seriously, so many questions here have already been answered (colored nametags, for example) that STF should be a the First thing you do. But the wierd timeout rule makes that impossible to do. Oh well.

Not Really, keeps the server from being brought down to a slug by too many people doing a lot searches.

Comment

That's another reason the search feature on these forums yelds nothing, I tried to use it and it never finds what I'm looking for. Just Google everything, you get results.

Comment

Originally posted by Xabora
        Not Really, keeps the server from being brought down to a slug by too many people doing a lot searches.
        Well by the looks of it, only a few people actualy use the search function.

Comment

The 60 second limit has only bugged me once or twice. Usually find what I'm after on the first pass.

Search Noob

Comment

Were you signed in? I only encounter this problem with the forum search when I'm not signed in.

Comment

The ONLY thing I search for is my name(undrtakr) to find my posts!

Comment

i tried a search the other day for d3d9 renderer, spelling error, no matches. then when i couldnt find any i had to make my own.

Comment

Click on that link at the top of the page that says "Atari Forums" and see how many forums there are on the server.

Pez reduced the search time to 30 seconds and it nearly brought down he server. Try searching before you ask any more stupid questions.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaFubs
                    Try searching before you ask any more stupid questions.

lol!

Comment

Originally posted by undrtakr
                      The ONLY thing I search for is my name(undrtakr) to find my posts!
                      That doesn't work, jenius. It doesn't search names.

Comment

Originally posted by m4d_cl1x0r

Look again jenius.

Comment

It does if you search by user name.
                          It's on the right side of the keyword search.

Comment

Yes it does - you can search for all posts by a nickname.
                            Have a look down there, see that little search button, try clicking it
                            |
                            \/

Comment

First of all, the "jenius" part was a joke, as I am sure many of you realized. Second of all, I always searched for simply "m4d" as nobody else has that string in their name. I just tried "m4d_cl1x0r" and it worked. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X