Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Musical Artists That You Consider GODLIKE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KriLL3
    DJ Tïesto <
    Paul Oakenfold <
    Paul Van Dyk <
    ATB <
    Trance Allstars
    Milk Inc <
    Sylver <
    Are you serious? These aren't even near 'godlike status'.. Maybe Tiësto is in terms of popularity, but most of his productions are downright **** or produced by others. And Trance Allstars, ATB, Milk Inc and Sylver are pure cheese.. about the crappiest eurodance you can get. Only Ferry Corsten is a good producer in that list.

For other good EDM producers try Oliver Lieb (my favorite producer), Laurent Verronéz, Vincent de Moor, Umek, Hybrid, Orbital, Sasha, Way Out West, Luke Chable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mittenz
      Are you serious? These aren't even near godlike status.. and ATB, Milk Inc and Sylver are pure cheese. Only Ferry Corsten is a good producer in that list.
      Cheese is good sometimes also

I mostly listen to streaming stuff anyway so my playlist is never static..

bash.org radio
      Argo radio
      X T C . R A D I O . L O N D ON
      Musicpulse Radio
      XRM (TV)

curently listening to "DJ JUSOK - Fantastic Dark Hole Live MTP Radio" on Musicpulse... (dont ask dont tell)

Comment

Stop listening to those streams then, seems like it's mostly eurodance ****. Give ETS-Global and TranceAirWaves a try instead..

And I highly suggest you check out some productions of the artists I named in my previous post.

Comment

Oki will do..

160K Tranceairwaves?,, hmm hope the music is good..

btw.. Fix my autovoice

(I'm on dynamic IP so the ops have to voice me all the time manualy)

Comment

Originally posted by -+H@ngOv3r+-
            THE DARKNESS! Those guys are awesome...
            They come from london and I've seen them twice at little stages in amsterdam...
            And the pit is.. :cry: :up:
            Not able to stand afterwards

Note: A pit is in front of a stage and people jump into eachother and push everyone around. A pit is how we call it over here.
            over were? i think its called a pit everywere. lol didnt even think a pit was possible wit the darkness, u want a good pit go see system of a down live :up: or CKY (**** i couldnt stand after cky)

Comment

Here are some suggestions so that hopefully you might see the light

A Matsumoto & DJ Yoshi - Dreamer (Luke Chable Remix)
              Gwill Morris feat. Kyla - Time (Luke Chable Dub)
              Luke Chable & Danny Bonicci - Ride (Original Mix)
              L.S.G. - Shecan (Original Mix)
              L.S.G. - Saviour
              James Holden - Horizons (Way Out West Remix)
              Hybrid - Finished Symphony (Original Mix) <- my alltime favorite
              Future Sound Of London - Papua New Guinea (Hybrid Remix)
              Orbital - Halcyon + On + On
              Powerplant - Blame (Luke Chable's Respect To The Border Community Mix)
              PQM - You Are Sleeping (PQM meets Luke Chable Vocal Pass)
              Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Luke Chable Remix)
              Sasha - Magnetic North (Subsky's In Your Face Mix)
              Sasha - Wavy Gravy (Original Mix)
              Sasha - Xpander (Hybrid Remix)
              Sasha - Xpander (Original Mix)
              Sasha & Emerson - Scorchio (Sander Kleinenberg's Scorched Mix)
              Sander Kleinenberg - My Lexicon (Original Mix)
              Sander Kleinenberg - Sacred (Sunrise Mix)
              Utah Saints - Lost Vagueness (Oliver Lieb's Main Mix)
              Way Out West - Mindcircus (Original Mix)
              Way Out West - Ajare (Original Mix)
              Way Out West - UB Devoid

And there's so much more.. artists like James Holden, Bedrock, Infusion, Nathan Fake, Özgür Can, etc... I suggest you check out the Global Underground series for quality trance & progressive. This is pure quality music imo.

Comment

Beethoven and Kraftwerk

Comment

Had half of that list.. aquired one quarter of it and one quarter I never found

and to quote myself:

btw.. Fix my autovoice

(I'm on dynamic IP so the ops have to voice me all the time manualy)

Comment

:haha: I love the fact nobody knows what the hell the misfits are and thinks they're some goth band :haha: :up:

Anyway another band I wub is NOFX!!!! :up: NOFX :up:

:haha: :up:

Comment

Even if you like trance you must be a little shallow to name them godlike.

If we talk about godlike, Depeche Mode, Kraftwerk and Jean-Michel Jarre come to mind when it comes to electronic music.

Current trance music does nothing new, and is frankly a trend, pretty basic stuff most of the time. Even if it was good music, which is really a matter of opinion which we are all entitled to, any of those artists you speak of will cherish and maybe even worship the likes of Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode and Jarre.

Its clear when listening to their music, because you hear a LOT of Depeche Mode songs remixed by the current big names. Not all might recognize them, but they're very often there.

Comment

Originally posted by HerbofGPL
                        The Darkness come from Lowestoft in Suffolk - 100 miles from London

As for God like musicians.
                        There can only be one God.
                        And his name is Jimi Hendrix. :up:

Herb
                        Never knew that, only saw performances listed in london at their early days. But now you mention it.. it does ring a bell somewhere... (ding donge ding)

Originally posted by swirlymonkey
                        over were? i think its called a pit everywere. lol didnt even think a pit was possible wit the darkness, u want a good pit go see system of a down live :up: or CKY (**** i couldnt stand after cky)
                        Netherlands And a pit it surely possible there The first time I saw them it was a total mayhem. It was a stage for about 400 people. And everyone was mad for the entire act... Don't remember much from the night itself by the way :up:

Comment

System of a down
                          switchfoot
                          nirvana
                          Eminem - not godlike though - amusing
                          Incubus
                          Matchbox 20
                          Blink 182
                          Nickelback

Comment

Two people come to mind and the great thing is you people probably won't know them at all.

Joe Hisaishi - Princess Mononoke and Spirited Away. (I shouldn't have to say more.)

Nobuo Uematsu - The Final Fantasy series music. No not the in game music (even though it is good) but the many amazing works of art derived from them. Final Fantasy Pray, Celtic Moon, Grand Finale, Symphonic Suite, among others.

Comment

Originally posted by shokazulu

Pixies
                              :up:
                              I thought thats what gouge away represented

on a side note I thought it was artist,not bands

Comment

Iron Maiden, Iced Earth, Lost Horizon, Liquid Tension Experiment, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X