Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Musical Artists That You Consider GODLIKE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will all you guys grow up and realize that [my] music is better than anyone else's?

Comment

I know nothing about music theory or playing instruments but I've been listening to music all my life, voluntarily and otherwise (try getting through life without memorizing the lyrics to hundreds of crappy pop songs you've heard thousands of times until you've learned to hate them all). But here's a list of goups that have done stuff I like a lot anyway, even if some of them have produced some really awful **** as well and even though I will probably come to hate them all like Satan before I die. That's show biz.

The Fall (just started listening to them, or rather him, a few months ago)
      Frank Zappa
      Stereolab
      Brian Eno
      Meatbeat Manifesto
      Vangelis (he's a foreigner I think)
      Jean Luc Ponty (him too probably)
      The Blues Explosion (the Orange album anyway)
      Nektar, Pink Floyd, Led Zeplin, Yes all still have old songs I can listen to without becoming very, very angry. String Driven Thing's Circus Song is good... various old jazz artists whose names I don't remember very well like Edvard Monk and so on.... I like Interpol records when I hear them on those "leftie" stations sometimes....
      um... lemme see... how about... this Swallow album seems ok....Ministry was good until the one guy died.... B52s also...and Queen...not the Who though... aaah....I'm thinking....The Clash had some good songs...Never Mind the *******s defined punk rock for a generation, for better or worse....David Byrne and the guys in Devo were very talented people though you sometimes can't say so without getting laughed at...and David Bowie I guess...and Robert Fripp and King Crimson, In The Court of the Crimson King and Disciipline anyway, mainly...and there's others Kraftwerk's Tour de France just came on that's a good album. Well there's others but this is kind of hard.

Comment

This is supposed to be about godlike bands, not bands with more than 2 letters in their name...

I'm really surprised Pink Floyd hasn't been mentioned much...

Comment

KR

Comment

Beattles
            Pixies
            John Coltrane
            Hallucinogen

to name a few.

Comment

dream theater

mostly because of this dude, Mike Portnoy:

http://www.mikeportnoy.com/forum/pho...Type=6&apage=1

Comment

DJ Tïesto <

Paul Oakenfold <

Paul Van Dyk <

ATB <

Trance Allstars

Ferry Corsten <

Milk Inc <

Sylver <

Links marked contain music samples (either directly in the website or in odwnloadabel mp3's)

Theres some nice trance for ya... Ranging from almost Eurodance (Sylver / Milk Inc) to alittle heavier stuff ^_^

Trance is quite far out... it's basicaly meant for clubs but I enjoy it 24/7 anyways ^^

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                  DJ Tïesto <

Paul Oakenfold <

Paul Van Dyk <

ATB <

Trance Allstars

Ferry Corsten <

Milk Inc <

Sylver <

Links marked contain music samples (either directly in the website or in odwnloadabel mp3's)

Theres some nice trance for ya... Ranging from almost Eurodance (Sylver / Milk Inc) to alittle heavier stuff ^_^

Trance is quite far out... it's basicaly meant for clubs but I enjoy it 24/7 anyways ^^
                  This isnt realy clubtrance.This is commercial trance and it isnt godlike.I prefer more techno like Jeff mills,marco bailey,dave clarke,dj rush,... .

Now something else:maybe i missed it but aren't you guys forgetting somebody??????????????????The god of music,the KING of Rock and Roll,MR. ELVIS hemself?SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!

Comment

I've never taken him seriously, there's been lots of better blues and rock artists than him before and since. He'd make a good player model though.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightvision
                      This isnt realy clubtrance.This is commercial trance and it isnt godlike.I prefer more techno like Jeff mills,marco bailey,dave clarke,dj rush,... .
                      I haven't listed to the once you mentioned but most techno simply lack the lyrics and melody of trance... I enjoy both hence i'm listening to the hole trance spectrum.. mostly middle stuff but some soft and some hard stuff.

I'm currently listening to X T C radio... DJ Taucher High Tide - Low Tide nice beat ^^

Comment

You might as well listen to elevator music.

Comment

Hans Zimmer, Mark Mancina, Trevor Rabin, Harry Gregson-Williams, Jeff Rona, Klaus Badelt, Alan Silvestri, Jerry Goldsmith, John Williams, James Horner,...

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                            I haven't listed to the once you mentioned but most techno simply lack the lyrics and melody of trance... I enjoy both hence i'm listening to the hole trance spectrum.. mostly middle stuff but some soft and some hard stuff.

I'm currently listening to X T C radio... DJ Taucher High Tide - Low Tide nice beat ^^
                            I hope you understand that this kind of techno is supposed to be listened at 90 Decibells to have the progressive sweeping effect that techno is supposed to give you.Techno can not be listened on a normal radio because its all about sound while trance is more about mellody(sound too,but the melody makes it more easy to listen at on lower volume levels).I like trance too but come on Milck inc.???

Comment

The one and only.

Comment

Originally posted by blh
                                I've never taken him seriously, there's been lots of better blues and rock artists than him before and since. He'd make a good player model though.
                                He still is the King.

Comment

Working...
                                X