Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Musical Artists That You Consider GODLIKE!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    nirvana depressed people make some really kick *** rock music, lol

    Comment


      I don't consider anybody to be godlike. Every human on this planet is exactly that: a human.

      But when it comes to music, I don't give a **** about "real metal" or "mainstream" or "poser" or whatever to fudge label you want to smack on artists. I listen to what I like, and I don't take **** about it.

      Comment


        Originally posted by NiTrOcALyPsE
        I don't consider anybody to be godlike. Every human on this planet is exactly that: a human.

        But when it comes to music, I don't give a **** about "real metal" or "mainstream" or "poser" or whatever to fudge label you want to smack on artists. I listen to what I like, and I don't take **** about it.
        :up: same

        Comment


          Originally posted by Nacher
          I'm really shocked by two things this thread shows up :

          1. Like 99% of the bands you list are from US or UK. I knew those areas are very isolated when it comes to music scene, but it seems like you haven't got a slightest clue what kind of music is made in the rest of the world

          2. Your musical tastes are unbeliveably shallow, narrow and predictable. Most of the people here list only the most known and accessible mainstream genres, and only the easiest and most accessible bands from them. Tool seems to be the only major exception, but it most likely is because their skyrocketed popularity, not their complex musical delivery. Someone who lists bands like Linkin Park as godlike, most likely don't have a clue about music.

          Guys like Marumari and blh seem to be quite far above the mass though. Some actual depth and diversity in those lists, not just 50 mainstream rock and 50 mainstream rap bands.

          Phew. Listen to some Pink Floyd, Opeth, Shpongle, whatever... Just try something that does not play on MTV.

          end of rant
          What you said above is lame!

          First, I never watch MTV. So what MTV has to say about music is irrelevant as far as I'm concernd.

          Second, music can, of course, be approached objectively, but what matters is subjective. Do I like the music or not? Yes? Then I buy the album or go see the band in concert. I don't need people like you telling me I sold-out, dumbed down, polluted my mind with mainstream ****, or did my self a disservice by listening to music you happen to find inferior.

          Third, there is no capitalist conspiracy movement through the record industry subtely manipulating the listening preferences of would-be listeners. IF THE MUSIC IS MAINSTREAM ITS BECAUSE PEOPLE LIKE IT AND THEY SHOW THAT LIKENESS BY BUYING THE CD, OR GOING TO SEE THEM IN CONCERT.

          The musicians you mentioned can be purchased in the U.S. Whether people listen to them is up to people willing to pay money for their music. IT"S AS SIMPLE AS THAT!

          BTW: Pink Floyd is about as mainstream as you can get!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Beers&Blunts
            nice, they rock so much!!

            I also enjoy:
            Soilwork
            In Flames
            Killswitch engage
            Chimaria
            Spineshank
            36 crazyfists

            Recently saw In Flames and Killswitch in concert. ****ing awesome:up:
            Cool, new KSE record is mint as ****. Their new vocalist (Howard from Blood Has Been Shed) is so much better than Jesse.

            I like Soilwork, In Flames and Chimaira (especially old chimaira) too, I hate Spineshank and 36CF though hehe

            I've met Spineshank, they are arrogant ****s. Met 36CF too, they are really cool guys,I just don't like their music.

            Comment


              I think EVERYONE listens to what they like - what fool listens to something they don't like?

              :bulb:

              btw James Brown + Stevie Wonder = :up:

              Comment


                Be open minded... Try listening to something you didn't like EARLIER...

                P.S. If one of your underground favorites became superfamous, would you stop listening to them? I know I didn't with De La Soul... Jesus De La Souls is friggin amazing...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by KillerDude
                  Be open minded... Try listening to something you didn't like EARLIER...

                  P.S. If one of your underground favorites became superfamous, would you stop listening to them? I know I didn't with De La Soul... Jesus De La Souls is friggin amazing...
                  i knew this was coming...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by [TnT]>>M@Yh3M<<
                    i knew this was coming...
                    Oh... Come on... De La Soul are the greatest...

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by blh
                      I did say techno was no better than elevator music. An overgeneralization no doubt about it. But there's truth in that statement.
                      I seriously doubt you even know what techno is. I bet you're one of those Americans that call every track with a fast BPM techno.

                      Comment


                        Randy Rhoads...

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Birger


                          and how come only Mike Patton and not Faith No More have been mentioned

                          mr. bungle>fantomas>faith no more imo
                          I was basically saying mike patton as a godlike artist.

                          As for bands my fav 2
                          The Sea and Cake
                          Tortoise

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Necromancer
                            mr. bungle>fantomas>faith no more imo
                            I was basically saying mike patton as a godlike artist.
                            ohhh
                            must be sleepin then
                            :up:

                            Comment


                              Nile...

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Nacher
                                I'm really shocked by two things this thread shows up :

                                1. Like 99% of the bands you list are from US or UK. I knew those areas are very isolated when it comes to music scene, but it seems like you haven't got a slightest clue what kind of music is made in the rest of the world
                                Oops, correct. I forgot to mention Asha Bhosle and Manu Chao in my list.

                                Dicky B, but there are always others, are there not?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X