Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[OT] Musical Artists That You Consider GODLIKE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omar12
    Robi Draco Rosa
    Mozart
    Dream Theater
    Sigur Ros
    Bjork
    Coldplay
    Los Fabulosos Cadillacs
    Outkast (Big Boi and Andre 3000)
    The Neptunes
    Tool
    A Perfect Circle
    Zero 7
    Radiohead
    DJ Shadow
    Deftones
    Incubus
    Miles Davis
    John Coltrane
    Wow, Mozart and Dream Theater on the same list....

Comment

Originally posted by \/ÖÏ\/ÖÐ
      **** ... I forgot JB ... RIP Jeff .

And i would add Pharrell from NERD , i must admit that he's a genius even if i don't listen to that type of music ...

I see some singers in here ...
      Pharell from NERD (as well as the rest of his group AND OutKast) were inspired by De La Soul. De La Soul are da men ("Da MAN!" in plural)

Comment

Originally posted by Everclearules20
        This is supposed to be about godlike bands, not bands with more than 2 letters in their name...

I'm really surprised Pink Floyd hasn't been mentioned much...
        Look at the massive paragraph I wrote, right? Would you like me to list the artists I know but didn't name?

That being settled, Krill3, you missed BT.

Edit: Forgot Public Enemy . Their in your face album and political comparisons put them on the same level as Bob Marley.

And for all classic rock fans, listen to "The Velvet Underground"... For yourself.

All rap fans listen to "The Roots"... For yourself.

Awesome Hendrix art:

Comment

joe satriani, pink floyd, bruse springstein, steve vai, elliot

Comment

Im surprised no one has mentioned Al Green

Comment

Originally posted by Buffy DP
              Nirvana were, without a doubt, over-rated.
              God will spite thee for that statement! What is up with people not understanding nirvana? You guys listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit and you think that is all there is. Try listening to Pennyroyal Tea, all apollogies, or lithium.

But most of all don't post stupid stuff like "Nirvana was over-rated" when we all know you just heard that from some bitter talkshow countdown, where the guy being interviewed wanted to look more intelligent by listing as many grunge bands besides nirvana, then justifing it by saying "They were just as good."

Gimme a ****ing break!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueApocalypse
                Tool
                APC
                System of a Down
                NIN
                Disturbed
                UT 2004 music
                the crystal method
                random techo and jazz

That's about it for me.

60's - 80's rock, rap, and country are the lowest forms of communication i've heard of.
                ...says the guy that just listed a bunch of terrible rock and numetal bands.

[Edit: JackDaniels - Nirvana were average at best; they're the most overrated band ever.]

Comment

Originally posted by Marumari
                  Squarepusher (aka Tom Jenkins)
                  Aphex Twin
                  Talib Kweli
                  Common
                  Erykah Badu
                  Dela Soul
                  Nobukazu Takemura
                  Venetian Snares
                  µ-ziq
                  Autechre
                  finally!!! someone with good musical taste on this forum!!!
                  venetian snares is more devil than god though....absolutely love that guy. I also like the rest you mentioned, except for Nobukazu Takemura, don't know that guy.
                  Some of my own personal aal time favorites are;
                  -hiphop; Aesop Rock, MF Doom, Cunninlynguists (gotta love that name ), Prefuse 73 and RJD2
                  -electronic stuff; Knifehandchop, The Flashbulb, Bogdan Raczynski, Hrvatski, Yee King, Enduser (saw this guy playing this saturday, reeeeeeeally good), Soundmurderer, Sickboy and of course his royal evilness VENETIAN SNARES!

Comment

Originally posted by *Kre-peR
                    I whole heartly agree with the Misfits coment. For anyone who thinks the MisFits are a bunch of crying goth kids, look up some of their lyrics. Of course, the misfits just aren't the same without Danzig, but they're still fun.

Amen to whoever said Bad Religion, Greg Graffin is just one smart ****er. How many other punk bands, or any other bands for that matter, have a singer who has his PhD and substitute at Harvard?

And this whole trance/trance/eurodance debate is just plain silly.
                    How about NOFX They're so great in the whole apatheticness and silly bullcrap combined with masterfull mockery, and mike's got fat wreck. Now thats something :up:

Comment

pfff ... not tread all the pages .. but jebus!! Godlike??

Get some standards, to me godlike > cool right now.

The Rolling Stones
                      Led Zeppelin
                      Cream
                      AC/DC

Comment

Led Zeppelin
                        AC\DC
                        The Jimi Hendrix Experience
                        Cream / E.C. generally
                        Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble
                        Aerosmith
                        The Who

Comment

God will spite thee for that statement! What is up with people not understanding nirvana? You guys listen to Smells Like Teen Spirit and you think that is all there is. Try listening to Pennyroyal Tea, all apollogies, or lithium.

But most of all don't post stupid stuff like "Nirvana was over-rated" when we all know you just heard that from some bitter talkshow countdown, where the guy being interviewed wanted to look more intelligent by listing as many grunge bands besides nirvana, then justifing it by saying "They were just as good."
                          I have listened to more than just 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' (which, incidentally, I thought was a generation defining record but that's by the by ... ) I was merely trying to point out that without some other, far superior bands, to base their sound upon they would not have had the recognition nor the success which followed. I just prefer Sonic Youth and Dinosaur Jr and remember, all of this is IMO.

I'd also add Beastie Boys and Public Enemy to my list of favourite artists.

Comment

Bad religion
                            Alec empire
                            Ignite
                            The streets
                            The ramones
                            Muse
                            Depeche mode
                            Atari teenage riot
                            Deftones (the old CD's)

Comment

I'll add a few to this thread.
                              Mercury Rev
                              Royksopp (yhbo)
                              Masters of Reality (If you've heared of these, I'll be your friend. Try Blue Garden, the best album ever made...)
                              Strange to see Jeff Buckley fans After The Rain Song, Grace is my fave song.:heart:
                              Too many honourable mentions to mention apart from Plej, Snoop,Chicaine, Ayla. Too many.

Comment

I'm really shocked by two things this thread shows up :

1. Like 99% of the bands you list are from US or UK. I knew those areas are very isolated when it comes to music scene, but it seems like you haven't got a slightest clue what kind of music is made in the rest of the world

2. Your musical tastes are unbeliveably shallow, narrow and predictable. Most of the people here list only the most known and accessible mainstream genres, and only the easiest and most accessible bands from them. Tool seems to be the only major exception, but it most likely is because their skyrocketed popularity, not their complex musical delivery. Someone who lists bands like Linkin Park as godlike, most likely don't have a clue about music.

Guys like Marumari and blh seem to be quite far above the mass though. Some actual depth and diversity in those lists, not just 50 mainstream rock and 50 mainstream rap bands.

Phew. Listen to some Pink Floyd, Opeth, Shpongle, whatever... Just try something that does not play on MTV.

end of rant

Comment

Working...
                                X