I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    **** I missed it, I can't wait to play tonight, got an itchy trigger finger..

**** real life and stuff...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
    We have it on our server too and it gets chosen a lot. Fun map but no one plays it like they did in UT99, eveyone just pretty much spams the hallways.
    hey just played Pressure on your server... great fun with snipes:up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tarnationsauce2
    It's OK. It was a joke. I meant the pressure is less than atmosphere. So it is negative if you take reference at atmospheric pressure. Get it? LOL!! :haha::up:
    I already got it, that was just the righteous physicist in me talking.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    DM-Pressure has been running here on UT2003/4.. Is lots of fun. Another DM map with a similar chamber is FragPipe...which is also lots of fun..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by El Gringo
    Sorry but there is no such thing as negative pressure
    It's OK. It was a joke. I meant the pressure is less than atmosphere. So it is negative if you take reference at atmospheric pressure. Get it? LOL!! :haha::up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tarnationsauce2
    It should be called DM-Vacuum. DM-Pressure is misleading. Or wait... DM-NegativePressure. :weird:
    Sorry but there is no such thing as negative pressure

Leave a comment:

• replied
    We have it on our server too and it gets chosen a lot. Fun map but no one plays it like they did in UT99, eveyone just pretty much spams the hallways.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Miss Croft
    Speaking of shieldbelt, UT2004 does not have an equivalent does it? Its only got the 50 and 100 armor if i remember. What is their absorbtion? About 75%?
    In 2k4 it is as if everybody spawns with a shield belt. If there was a shield belt you would be nearly invincible.
    Fights last way too long as it is.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never liked the Deck maps that much either to be honest, though i would agree that item placement is so important.

The player should always have to take a risk for the shieldbelt or keg. Making the player go for a short swim is something i used to do a bit with my maps.

Speaking of shieldbelt, UT2004 does not have an equivalent does it? Its only got the 50 and 100 armor if i remember. What is their absorbtion? About 75%?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Originally posted by Miss Croft
    That was DM-Pressure, and it was in the original UT99. It was never a favourite of mine actually. Most of the maps i played were community maps, which surprizingly didnt generally use alot of traps in them.
    "Traps" are about the best thing a deathmatch map can contain. Along with itemplacement that needs skill (deck-17, 16) . That pressure thing was kinda funny - never played that map often though....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It should be called DM-Vacuum. DM-Pressure is misleading. Or wait... DM-NegativePressure. :weird:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    close your mouth and squeze your nose closed.. then "blow" as hard as you can... quite alot of pressure can build up and yes the tingeling sensation in your ears is pressure atempting to escape

(I reffer to this as presurising very usefull when diving / driving in the mountains)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you happen to be looking for any other remakes, checkout the link in my signature! It's a thread all about it and if you want DM-Pressure, I think it would be a good place to put *pressure* on someone to do it... (ho ho ho, do you see what I did there...)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's the name! DM-Pressure. Yes, I was never crazy over that map either, but I loved trying to hang around and surprise unsuspecting players. By now I'm well aware of the pit falls UT2004 maps have in store for me, but what's missing is traps that can be triggered by other players. The only map I'm familiar with in UT2004 where the death of other players can be initiated by interacting with a switch in the game is the CTF map with the switch you must run over in the middle room. In instant action, I got a double kill once when I walked over the switch just as the bots were passing through the doorway.

Edit: Thanx .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥, I downloaded the file and will try it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    NP, glad to help! I like the map as well, especially if there is an opponent in the pressure room!

This cache extractor works well, is simple to use and even warns you that you might be making a mistake! :up:

http://gms.cyberrock.net/downloads/d...eextractor.php

Leave a comment:

Working...
X