I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Some of the other threads posted today got me thinking about my Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y. edition, and I remember this DM map that contained a pressurization room. There was a room in the map containing the only rocket launcher and ammo, and if an enemy went into that room he/she could be pressurized, where the trapped character would expand in size until he/she exploded. Wouldn't some additions along that line be nice to play in UT2004?

just got out of a match in that an hour ago

Comment

Originally posted by AoA Reclaimer
      just got out of a match in that an hour ago
      The remake/port someone did could have been better tho. :sour:

Comment

So there is already a map out there with this room? That was fast, and must only be available on a server I have yet to play, or a web page I have yet to visit.

Is such a map available for download and playable in instant action, or restricted to online?

Comment

Originally posted by meKilgore
          So there is already a map out there with this room? That was fast, and must only be available on a server I have yet to play, or a web page I have yet to visit.

Is such a map available for download and playable in instant action, or restricted to online?
          We have it on our DM server and if memory serves me, i got it off mapraider.com.

You can use a cache extractor and get it off a server then play it in instant action, or you can find it online and download it to your folders.

Comment

Thanks .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥ for pointing me to mapraider. I was not aware that there was a cache extractor program available or that you could do that yourself? I've been playing this game for a long time but have only recently taken an interest in being part of the community and enjoying all that UT can offer, so if my questions come across as naive, it's because I'm new to this aspect of UT. So if you or anyone else is up to answer some questions, that unfortunetly have probably been answerd already, then I'll ask how I can safely and effectively extract and install files from the UT2004 cache? I like to play instant action as much as online.

Comment

Re: I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Originally posted by meKilgore
              Some of the other threads posted today got me thinking about my Unreal Tournament G.O.T.Y. edition, and I remember this DM map that contained a pressurization room. There was a room in the map containing the only rocket launcher and ammo, and if an enemy went into that room he/she could be pressurized, where the trapped character would expand in size until he/she exploded. Wouldn't some additions along that line be nice to play in UT2004?
              That was DM-Pressure, and it was in the original UT99. It was never a favourite of mine actually. Most of the maps i played were community maps, which surprizingly didnt generally use alot of traps in them.

Comment

NP, glad to help! I like the map as well, especially if there is an opponent in the pressure room!

This cache extractor works well, is simple to use and even warns you that you might be making a mistake! :up:

http://gms.cyberrock.net/downloads/d...eextractor.php

Comment

That's the name! DM-Pressure. Yes, I was never crazy over that map either, but I loved trying to hang around and surprise unsuspecting players. By now I'm well aware of the pit falls UT2004 maps have in store for me, but what's missing is traps that can be triggered by other players. The only map I'm familiar with in UT2004 where the death of other players can be initiated by interacting with a switch in the game is the CTF map with the switch you must run over in the middle room. In instant action, I got a double kill once when I walked over the switch just as the bots were passing through the doorway.

Edit: Thanx .:vVv:.F£ÛFF¥, I downloaded the file and will try it tomorrow.

Comment

If you happen to be looking for any other remakes, checkout the link in my signature! It's a thread all about it and if you want DM-Pressure, I think it would be a good place to put *pressure* on someone to do it... (ho ho ho, do you see what I did there...)

Comment

close your mouth and squeze your nose closed.. then "blow" as hard as you can... quite alot of pressure can build up and yes the tingeling sensation in your ears is pressure atempting to escape

(I reffer to this as presurising very usefull when diving / driving in the mountains)

Comment

It should be called DM-Vacuum. DM-Pressure is misleading. Or wait... DM-NegativePressure. :weird:

Comment

Re: Re: I miss the pressure chamber in G.O.T.Y.

Originally posted by Miss Croft
                          That was DM-Pressure, and it was in the original UT99. It was never a favourite of mine actually. Most of the maps i played were community maps, which surprizingly didnt generally use alot of traps in them.
                          "Traps" are about the best thing a deathmatch map can contain. Along with itemplacement that needs skill (deck-17, 16) . That pressure thing was kinda funny - never played that map often though....

Comment

I never liked the Deck maps that much either to be honest, though i would agree that item placement is so important.

The player should always have to take a risk for the shieldbelt or keg. Making the player go for a short swim is something i used to do a bit with my maps.

Speaking of shieldbelt, UT2004 does not have an equivalent does it? Its only got the 50 and 100 armor if i remember. What is their absorbtion? About 75%?

Comment

Originally posted by Miss Croft
                              Speaking of shieldbelt, UT2004 does not have an equivalent does it? Its only got the 50 and 100 armor if i remember. What is their absorbtion? About 75%?
                              In 2k4 it is as if everybody spawns with a shield belt. If there was a shield belt you would be nearly invincible.
                              Fights last way too long as it is.

Comment

Working...
                              X