What do you think about UT2004?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Salem78
    I bought UT2004 and tried to start a new life with it, but I have turn back to UT2003. There wasn't the same hardcore-feeling in UT2004 cause they changed the design and sound of ShockRifle, Linkgun and Minigun. UT2004 also looks older than UT2003 and there are so ugly textures and skyboxes, 512*512 instead of 1024*1024???.
    And everybody are just talking about vehicles and vehicles, **** I don't hope DEATHMATCHES will die out!!!
    Your config is probably screwed up if you're getting lower quality textures.

You can at least change the models for the weapons you mentioned back in the Weapons tab of the Settings page of UT2K4.

Personally I think UT2K4 is currently the best FPS out there. Great gameplay, very expandable, runs fairly well for its graphics even on poorer systems (as opposed to a port of a certain Bungie XBox FPS... cough).

Comment

Re: What do you think about UT2004?

Originally posted by eureka2004
      I bought unreal tournament 2004. I get really disapointed with it, first, the game in my conuntry has 6 cd's!!!! here the DVD edition hadn´t been released yet. Second the game occupy 5.5 GB in my HD, i got a 40 GB one, but it still beeing too much and third, i don´t think it is better than ut 2003!!!!! it got just 2 cds, but one is just extras, off corse it has less modes and stages, but the necessary is everything there!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!!?!?!!?!?
      I think you're an attention *****.

Comment

CD or DVD, doesn't matter, UT04 is the best online MP game going, any platform

Comment

i think ut2k4 is da best game eva!!!
          ok.

Comment

I must say that the explosion sprites in UT2k3 were a lot more polished, yet they insisted on introducing low-res, grainy sprites to weapons that didn't need any changes.

Comment

ye ut2k4 isn't fun like ut99 is,especially CTF mod- i think that ctf in 99 is da best mod ever!
              It offer alot fun,action and great teamwork!

Comment

I think we should all remember where UT2K4 came from. I believe that was 2K3 wasn't it? That game (2K3) started the rage and it will hold it's place for a fair while yet simply because it loads and exits much faster then 2k4 and because of the sentimental values. When I first got 2K3 I was amazed at the new graphics, weapons, terrain etc, etc. It will always remain as one of the great NEW games, 2k4 is just an improved version in sorts , although the latter could be argued about, couldn't it?.

Comment

To each his own..

IMO, its a step back from UT2k3, but ever forward!

Im not going to cry about the lil things.
                  Adapt and overcome!

Ive had 2k3 uninstalled for awile now. I did reinstall it for a clan match, and I was surprised at how much more exciting it was. But I still enjoy the updates, upgrades n such of 2k4. I dont like 2k4 more than 2k3, but its current. Ill have to live with that I guess.

Comment

UT2004= betar gaem evar!11

Comment

I played UT99 for 4 years and what a great game it was, boredom came in eventually and UT2K3 was released like most I eagerly downloaded the demo played 3 maps then uninstalled it, I could not believe the Q3ness of the game, it sucked :/ I was fairly impressed by BR though as a new MOD.
                      Then UT2K4 came, it seemed to restore the original gameplay and then there it was ONS, fuxing awesome MOD. UT2K4 is a fantastic game, everything is improved from UT99 (well nearly)

1/ I do miss oringial UT99 DOM, UT200.... DOM sux
                      2/ Enforcer is missing
                      3/ UT99 menu interface style was better but UT2K4 has loadsa great options, a lot more powerful.

Comment

I've enjoyed all the Unreal games since the orginal single player versions. They're all some of the best video games ever made so far. I don't think there's any question about that. And there is still a lot of potential improvement in the computing and graphics technology in the works for developers to take advantage of in the future, so I expect games like this will continue to become more detailed and extravagent. Given some solid artistry like what's been applied to Unreal over the past few years I'm sure great things will come of it all.
                        Of course it would have been nice if somebody could have developed actual, affordable space travel with ray guns and stuff, too, but that's the way the ball bounces you know and I'm not looking any gift horses in the mouth. No use crying over spilt milk. Make hay while the sun shines. Right.

Comment

There is a Double Enforcer mute out...

Comment

Re: What do you think about UT2004?

Originally posted by eureka2004
                            WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!!?!?!!?!?
                            I don't think, I play teh game!! :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias
                              That game (2K3) started the rage
                              Actually, its UT99 that started the rage. Trust me, i know what im talking about.

Comment

Working...
                              X