Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Attention EPIC] - urgent about the upcoming patch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Attention EPIC] - urgent about the upcoming patch.

The pause chat bug needs to be addressed.

I'm not quite sure Epic understand and realize what actually goes on in clan wars.
    In nearly every single clan war the game is paused at least once, due to a player dropping, or someone's ping spiking or whatever.

Now, as soon as the server is paused, each player connected can only speak one line! (Apart from the admin)
    This means that the opposing team, who dropped a player, are unable to tell the admin to unpause.

I've been in wars where we've waited forever, then finally got sick of waiting, and just unpaused. And then the other team went like "OMFG!!! We've been ready for 5mins!"

In the last wars I've played, we have resorted to using IRC chat to tell eachother what was going on during pause. Which is bad thing, TBH. Minimizing UT all the time, eating up my RAM. Some people's UT crashes, requiering reboot etc.

And the cup season hasn't even started yet. I can't even imagine the nightmare it will be, if this bug is still there at that time.

So please, Epic. Fix this in the upcoming patch.
    It is highly annoying.

YES I AGREE BUT ALSO...

please, please PLEASE fix that ridiculous problem of voice chat working erroneuosly when HD AUDIO or HD+EAX AUDIO is selected in the games audio setting...

fix this!

Comment

Oh my, the tread is about to be hijacked.

Comment

Feel free to bump meh.

Comment

Originally posted by RedShadowXX
          YES I AGREE BUT ALSO...

please, please PLEASE fix that ridiculous problem of voice chat working erroneuosly when HD AUDIO or HD+EAX AUDIO is selected in the games audio setting...

fix this!

this is a far bigger prob:up:

Comment

Originally posted by wickedkae
            this is a far bigger prob:up:
            What does it do exactly?

Comment

this is the difference betwen NA and EU. In 4 years of matches, I've never had a match paused for any reason. Ah well. I can see how that would be a real pain in the butt for you guys on the other side of the pond.

Comment

Originally posted by Roulette
                this is the difference betwen NA and EU. In 4 years of matches, I've never had a match paused for any reason. Ah well. I can see how that would be a real pain in the butt for you guys on the other side of the pond.
                Oh my god! How on earth is that possible!?

You never had a guy drop? Ever?

Comment

We haven't had a match paused yet. Mainly because most dropping (hehe, poo) occurs at the start of the level. We're always willing to restard the map when this happens. After all, the opening moments of the game are crucial, it's not fair if one of their's drops out.

Pausing isn't that big a thing really, you just usually don't pause games in between a round.

On a side note, where do NA play? I thought Clanbase was worldwide, but apparently not.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosh83

Pausing isn't that big a thing really, you just usually don't pause games in between a round.

Er... have you ever played a cup war?
                    When one player drops, and the server isn't paused within 4 seconds, people go INSANE!

Maybe you don't play CTF?
                    In ONS, pausing right away maybe isn't that crucial, I guess.

But in iCTF it can mean win/loss of the whole match, being a man down for seconds.

Ask any player that has been in the cup play-offs. Any one of those would lynch for not pausing within a 0,5 nanosecond. :weird:

Comment

As I don't play UT2k4 yet I haven't notices this problem, BUT if it is there than it's a BIG problem that NEEDs to be fixed as soon as possible!

Comment

Originally posted by FLAGEL
                        As I don't play UT2k4 yet I haven't notices this problem, BUT if it is there than it's a BIG problem that NEEDs to be fixed as soon as possible!
                        It's very, very annoying.

Imagine, one team doesn't know what happened to the player,
                        and they can't ask the other team. While the other team can't say what happened to him.
                        And when he's back in game, no-one knows when he's ready.
                        And the other team can't tell the admin to unpause.

Comment

I had this last night...I had to pause a game at the start of around cos of a player having trouble connecting

It is quite anoying

Cheers
                          [FnG]RampantBunny

Comment

A temp fix may be that the admin unpauses and pauses again after 0.5 sec every 1 min.

Comment

I'm taking a wild guess that the reason it exists is cos of the chat spam protection thing?

It waits for a few game ticks before letting you type another line.. but because the game is paused, there are no ticks! Hence you're under spam protection until the game is unpaused and the ticks continue.

Jus' a guess

Comment

Working...
                              X