More patch changes (build 3203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Could someone be nice and pm me were to get the latest beta patch plz:-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Captain Sarcastic
    So you're saying it's better to be totally insecure by default, rather than mostly secure by default?

UTSecure may not be perfect, but it's better than nothing, especially for those admins that do mimimal effort. What you're suggesting leaves the majority of servers with... nothing...
    Actually with the need for continuing updates, hard coding UTsecure is a really bad idea.

Along with the other arguments, the only servers that really need it anyway are compititon servers. The rest of them should be left to the upkeep of the server host.

IMO it should also be listed as a mutator.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

What you're suggesting leaves the majority of servers with... nothing...
    which actually is better than the alternatives.. .05% of players cheat..but ~15% get kicked for false positives with this..or 100% of the time if using cutoms skins... i'll take my chances on the .05%

*the above uses generalizations and estimates. And as always..is just my opinion

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by frogger187
    if only utsecure did these things you say it does...

it should be kept as separate add-on
    So you're saying it's better to be totally insecure by default, rather than mostly secure by default?

UTSecure may not be perfect, but it's better than nothing, especially for those admins that do mimimal effort. What you're suggesting leaves the majority of servers with... nothing...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

No, no, no! UT2K4 should run securely as default. It's fine if admins want to deliberately disable the in-game security, but not having UTsecure be installed by default ensures that the majority of servers will be unprotected and open to hacking.

:down: :sour:
    if only utsecure did these things you say it does...

it should be kept as separate add-on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Mr Evil
    Here are the changes since the last one, build 3200. You should be able to find the complete list be searching this forum.

- utsecure removed from patch (back to being a separate download)

No, no, no! UT2K4 should run securely as default. It's fine if admins want to deliberately disable the in-game security, but not having UTsecure be installed by default ensures that the majority of servers will be unprotected and open to hacking.

:down: :sour:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hears A German site with the patch

http://216.239.37.104/translate_c?hl...UTF-8%26sa%3DN

Her's the translated link from google

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by catphile
    demo has two meanings and I just figured out what you meant. my mistake. Now please attempt to refrain from getting pissy.
    Sorry to sound annoyed but I've started to doubt reading capabilities of some of the users here since every post has been replied which has shown that the person hasn't read the entire post or even half of it .

Fix ONS-bugs nooooooow!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a question. Will it be possible to fix the issue with ONS-Crossfire where you are able to shoot the middle node with a energy turret from red team but not with the the blue team turrets. I just played against such motherf**ckers who got no skills!!! Makes me angry that there is ppl trying to play this game in such a sisi way!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Panama Jack
    You know if you use 5 minutes and a about 5 words in a google query you can easyly find the UT2004 3203 beta patch and install it. I did it last night and was able to play on unpatched servers (I did make a backup of my ut directory first). Since the game has never had any problem for me I didn't really notice anything different when I was playing the game. Though not having the DVD in the drive was nice.
    or you could just be a nice guy and PM some people who aren't the best at searches, and they as well will help inform the people who want to take part in testing out the beta patch... instead of making yourself feel special because you found it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You know if you use 5 minutes and a about 5 words in a google query you can easyly find the UT2004 3203 beta patch and install it. I did it last night and was able to play on unpatched servers (I did make a backup of my ut directory first). Since the game has never had any problem for me I didn't really notice anything different when I was playing the game. Though not having the DVD in the drive was nice.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by >X<
    Is this patch official
    is it made by epic
    Yes, yes. Although not official in the sense that it is not a public patch yet - wait for the final, not the betas currently being tested.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is this patch official
    is it made by epic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Unlocking Malcolm/Clanlord/Xan with the Ini tweak has changed
    These need to be added/changed in your User.Ini

[GUI2K4.UT2k4MainPage]
    TotalUnlockedCharacters=Malcolm;ClanLord;Xan

Used to be under serverbrowser(I think)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I can't find the patch list anymore but what is with team matches where teammembers have problems connecting. I got a friend who has DSL but ALWAYS ends up joining the game after it already started although he is listed in the scoreboard. He has disabled "preload all player skins" already but it doesn't help that much. No think if there is 3 or more of such players in your team. Is it possible to wait for all players in the scoreboard UNTIL they are able to play. Is this already done by the balance teams issue?

When will the patch be released. Is there any estimated date yet. Could Epic at least hint how long it is going to be!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X