More patch changes (build 3203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysterial
    I'd been wondering if that was really what he was whining about.

Mr.Evil is correct, it is by design for balance reasons.
    OMG! Long time no see

Regarding the patch. To bad UT secure wont be built in. Lots of admins dont bother to download other stuff then the patches..

But teamcoulored skins = On by default as a serversetting is still not in the changelog.

A pitty about the forcedefault though. Now everyone will look like gorge to everyone..

Comment

- force same character as player is using: players using
      bForceDefaultCharacter must use a valid forced character as their own model

WOHOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CELEBRATE!!!! :haha: :noob:

Comment

Originally posted by ErecT
        A pitty about the forcedefault though. Now everyone will look like gorge to everyone..
        Nope - just turn off force models, and everyone will look like Gorge except you. And well... me. I'll still look like Kaela.

I hate looking at gorge. I don't know how you guys can still enjoy the game with everyone looking like him. If it's done for performance, at least switch to a model that doesn't look like Frankenstein's monster!

Comment

Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Mr Evil
          I think a lot of people will be pleased about number four.
          Only partially pleased

Comment

y0 i havent had much time these days so, is teh patch out yet?

Comment

They should just remove forcemodels altogether, it's the lamest most unfair "feature" ever, and maybe it's not so unfair anymore now, but it's still uber lame.

At very least put it in ONLY for boosting performance.. say, hard-code it so that whenever a player gets less then 30FPS it changes enough models to a default model that it's 30FPS or above, but only as many as are required to get to 30FPS. Or something to that effect.

Comment

i have another 2 questions ...

- what about the bad readable colors of the players when selecting a server
                - and the server-filter function needs improvements!

--+--+-+-+-+--
                New Version of the "Yet Another UT Cache Manager"

Comment

Sweet Good news about the default models :up:

Yeah that ****** me off no end.... blue text on a blue background. Only happens on servers that are running team based gametypes. But when I look in my buddies list and see that there are servers that some of my clanm8's are on, and I try to see who is on them, I have to physically join the server because half the time they are on blue... and thus you cannot read who it is in the server browser :|

So we have certain skins that are nigh on invisible and unreadable blue text on a blue background. I think someone at Epic is colourblind. Or just blind. One of the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial
                    I'd been wondering if that was really what he was whining about.

Mr.Evil is correct, it is by design for balance reasons.
                    So the LG is by design about twice as good as the classic sniper? Dont sound very balanced to me.

Sniper does less damage, and in practical purposes has far lower ROF as well due to the slow switching. Now, I can understand you want to have it this way in newbie-friendly Assault, but it completely destroys the balance for TDM.

Besides, you guys have said that switch time is reload/2, and thats definitely not true for the sniper.

Fix it please. This bug is by far more serious than just about any bug you have fixed in the beta patch. TDM on sniper maps (like Deck) is completely unbalanced because of this. For example, shock is about twice as good as sniper.

Whats next? The black-skin bug is also by design, for 'balancing purposes'?

Comment

Originally posted by TKS
                      They should just remove forcemodels altogether, it's the lamest most unfair "feature" ever, and maybe it's not so unfair anymore now, but it's still uber lame.

At very least put it in ONLY for boosting performance.. say, hard-code it so that whenever a player gets less then 30FPS it changes enough models to a default model that it's 30FPS or above, but only as many as are required to get to 30FPS. Or something to that effect.
                      lol. Most stupid post ever
                      That would just split the communityeven more, cause UTC/TTM would become a standard not only in leauges but also in alot of public servers.
                      No go play CS or some other game were you are suposed to hide and camp. This is supposed to be a fast paced action game.

Comment

It's probably due to the fact that it's still quite hard to see where a sniper is especially on a map that's open, even with the whisp of smoke that comes off of it. On the other hand LGers are **** easy to spot. Then the SR has a higher ROF as has been said before too. So let us recap:

1. Higher ROF

2. Harder to spot

To balance it... yes... yes I would say that increasing the time when switching from the SR to another weapon sounds about right. I know the SR does like 10 less damage than the LG but that's not a good enough balance IMO. So I'm quite thankful for the slower switching.

But hey that IS only my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by egames-berlin

[/URL]
                          take a look at the full log, afaik it has been fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by egames-berlin
                            i have another 2 questions ...

Read the full changelist ... it's been mentioned in there (the blue text will be brighter IIRC).

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO(JBE)
                              Read the full changelist ... it's been mentioned in there (the blue text will be brighter IIRC).
                              yeah thx - now i got it.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpartyhat
                                Then the SR has a higher ROF as has been said before too. So let us recap:

1. Higher ROF

2. Harder to spot
                                The problem is that while this might be valid for Onslaught or Assault (or even CTF and TDM sometimes) on pubs, it greatly upsets the balance in clanwars where you, atleast in TDM, don't camp by hiding.

The end result on maps like Deck17 is just that the sniper is clearly inferior to other weapons. If I have shock I much prefer to use primary-shock than sniper (twice the ROF, 45 in damage compared to 60 for sniper, push-backs). And if the enemy gets close, you can combo OR switch to flak or rl.

With the sniper, you are pretty toasted if you get into a close combat. Nothing to do except try to hit him, since switching weapons to a good close combat weapon is not an option.

Besides, for every weapon, it takes one second to fire, switch to another and fire, EXCEPT the sniper, which takes like 2.5 seconds. What makes the sniper so much better than any other weapon to justify this strangeness?

Comment

Working...
                                X