More patch changes (build 3203)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Powerslave666
    The fact that it takes twice as long to switch from sniper to anything else than it does to switch from lg to something else, even though the sniper has a faster ROF.
    That's not a bug, it's been deliberately set like that. I seem to remember an official reason for that, stating it was for balance reasons, presumably to prevent it being used so easily as a close-combat weapon like it was in UT.

Comment

that stuff about your skin has to be a default character if bForceDefaultCharacter is really takin the dogs tbh

Comment

Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Sp3aR
        whats this?

whatever we have set to default char then we will also be forced to be "ie" Gorge/Rylisa?
        yes, thanks god. People forcing gorge and playing as matrix have had it FAR too easy.

Comment

Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Mr Evil
          - force same character as player is using: players using
          bForceDefaultCharacter must use a valid forced character as their own
          model
          So, say I use Xan... Everyone male and female... will all be Xan?

OR.. say im using a custom skin... Will all players turn into that custom skin also? (Skin and not new models, models have added/diffrent animations etc etc, like a diffrent skin for the Torch model. )

Sounds real cool from the looks of it.

Comment

I don't like force default models. I used them for a little while in UT99 but didn't like not seeing the cow and skaarj. I like all the skins, some may be more of a challenge to hit, but for me that's what the game is all about.

GGs today clubber, now quit running me over.

Comment

Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Mr Evil
              bForceDefaultCharacter must use a valid forced character as their own
              model
              Ah great, i sure hope there's a client-side way to turn that off (force undefault models?) i realy dont want to play if everyone looks like george. It's like forcing me to use defualt models

Comment

Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by FireCrack
                Ah great, i sure hope there's a client-side way to turn that off (force undefault models?) i realy dont want to play if everyone looks like george. It's like forcing me to use defualt models
                Default model is client side, or at least normaly it is, unless its part of a mutator or mod.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: More patch changes (build 3203)

Originally posted by Xipher
                  Default model is client side, or at least normaly it is, unless its part of a mutator or mod.
                  no but to turn off turning players into george i they're using defaults and you're not. Mabye a setting so the 'PlacedCharacter' could be randomised.

Comment

bForceDefaultCharacter must use a valid forced character as their own model
                    :haha:
                    God

Comment

Is the Lightning Gun model fixed yet?

Comment

and people say epic doesn't listen....

looking good so far epic, keep up the good work!

Comment

- limit speedhack detection logging
                          LOL!
                          I wonder if the beta server or servers are catching to many speed hackers and the logs are getting to big?

Comment

So can someone please send me a link to this new beta patch??? I can't get anyone to throw me a bone!!

Comment

Yes! Fixing the forced model issue is awesome. Not quite up there with the no-disk, but it's very cool. Nice fix, epic! :up: :up: :up:

PS - gimmie, gimmie, gimmie

Comment

Originally posted by Powerslave666
                                The fact that it takes twice as long to switch from sniper to anything else than it does to switch from lg to something else, even though the sniper has a faster ROF.
                                I'd been wondering if that was really what he was whining about.

Mr.Evil is correct, it is by design for balance reasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X