Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Atari] Request to release Unreal & Unreal Tournament for free download ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not offered UT2003 for free D/L...

This game is really dying...

Comment

Originally posted by BonskY
      Why not offered UT2003 for free D/L...

This game is really dying...
      If they did that, they may as well release UT2004 for free too.

There is no reason for UT2003 to even exist afaik.

...just passing by....

Comment

Originally posted by Slainchild
        If they did that, they may as well release UT2004 for free too.

There is no reason for UT2003 to even exist afaik.

...just passing by....
        Tis just for the really skilled players mate

Comment

**** :bulb:

Comment

Originally posted by M4H0N3Y
            Tis just for the really skilled players mate
            If you call slamming keys really fast skill.

Comment

who would pay for the massive bandwidth if it were to be released for free?

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha2003
                who would pay for the massive bandwidth if it were to be released for free?
                Put it on Filefront/filePlanet

Comment

It sounds like a good idea to me i just had to buy it again from my local
                  blockbuster for a tenner cos i stood on my case and broke CD1, :cry: .

I voted yes!! ,

Comment

Sierra's little Tribes stunt didn't work like they were hoping it would: nobody, and I mean nobody, went out and bought Tribes:Vengeance because of it.

I see no reason at all to release UT for free. Those who want to play a 6 year old game still are; everyone else has moved on.

Comment

Tribes isn't UT - Tribes sucks.

UT doesn't - that's the major difference.

Comment

Yeah, release ut99 for free!

Or tell me where i can buy it in my city, can't seem to find it anywhere. (Netherlands > Drenthe > Emmen O_o)

Comment

**I haven't read this thread though yet, so it may have already been mentioned***

I believe the only time they will release Unreal Tournament for free download is when they know they can benefit from it.

e.g. 6 months before a new UT game is release, Epic decide to release UT99 for free download which attracts thousands of new players. The people who have downloaded the game immediatly play it, some like it, some don't, some form clans, others simply make new friends because of it, but either way, those who did like it hear about a new Unreal game being released and therefore they buy it.

The point is, is that if Epic made UT99 a free download then they will almost certainly benefit from a bigger fanbase / more buyers - but they won't do that until they know they can benefit from it. At the moment, UT99 will still be generating money for them so they would hardly benefit from making it freely availible.

Comment

Freeware yet? :heart:

Comment

Working...
                            X