Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Atari] Request to release Unreal & Unreal Tournament for free download ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Atari] Request to release Unreal & Unreal Tournament for free download ...

UT1 is the greatest game ever - I love it.

It saddens me to see nearly all the UT1 servers empty now - why not release Unreal & UT free to the public?

Sierra already did it with Tribes 1 and 2 to breath new life into their older online communities and it is working. If this was done with UT not only would consumers be more likely buy more Atari games; it would put more players on UT servers which would be appreciated by lots of people.

Believe it or not this question was posted last year; I remember it well.

Back then I might have said no, but in the face of the Tribes 1/2 release I’ll vote yes.

Comment

LoL, while we're at it can we release Windows 98 for free too.

Comment

Originally posted by 13XBMSPEC
        LoL, while we're at it can we release Windows 98 for free too.
        Actually, unlike W'98, some people WOULD take UT for free.

Comment

Yes :up:

(I still have my original copy, but i don't play UT anymore, only UT2004)

Comment

I went on the other day 'cos my friend only has UT99 and there were 2 DM servers?

Comment

It's something with the master server, there's a simple fix for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
                Believe it or not this question was posted last year

Yes ... guess who brought it up.

Comment

edited.

Comment

i'd play it if it was released for free

Comment

After doing about 5 years of UT irc support, theres no point. Near enough everyone that needed help the last 2 or so years had downloaded it anyway and wanted SB-live Bundle 436 patch.

Same goes for UT2k3 btw, ended up banning more ppl asking for help to bypass the Master Server Browser[Mostly those from One Area of Europe]. So think of something elses to save the UT community as most warez the game anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Gus-UK
                        After doing about 5 years of UT irc support, theres no point. Near enough everyone that needed help the last 2 or so years had downloaded it anyway and wanted SB-live Bundle 436 patch.

Same goes for UT2k3 btw, ended up banning more ppl asking for help to bypass the Master Server Browser[Mostly those from One Area of Europe]. So think of something elses to save the UT community as most warez the game anyway.
                        WAREZING A 5YO GAME?? Such a hateful crime... :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Gus-UK
                          everyone that needed help the last 2 or so years had downloaded it anyway and wanted SB-live Bundle 436 patch ...

think of something elses to save the UT community as most warez the game anyway.

1.) The average person does not download software illegally.

2.) What is needed most in the UT community is players.

Comment

Since when was it not free?

BTW, this is the only reason anyone ever played the **** thing.

Comment

hmm lets see Adam the nickname on a auto ban as whoever released one well used/abused ISO made the Default nickname Adam

So you can guess the first question that the Adam's asked, I can't patch it asks for the CD. Funnily enough Adam seems to be a well used name in Poland/Germany/Netherlands/Mexico/Turkey/UAE

So yes most have downloaded it, as most have used the Default IRC server so have gone through the support channels, which I used to help run, so talking for experience here.

Comment

Working...
                              X