Movie: How to Jump Like a Mental Patient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Movie: How to Jump Like a Mental Patient

This is my second movie, and it was thrown together quickly. I just wanted to put something together so I could have an answer to all those peeps on pubs that stop me and ask me how to boost or how some of the jumps in my first movie were done.

The movie has five parts. A part on proper dodge jumping (a pet peeve of mine), a part on stationary boost jumps, a part on moving boost jumps, a part on shield jumps, and a part on shield boost jumps. The biggest downside to the movie is you have to listen to my voice :P. If you have trouble understanding what I say, most of the useful information is also contained in the readme.

The movie is about 6 mins long and about 30 mbs. Best viewed in Windows Media Player 9.

How to Jump Like a Mental Patient

"You may close this window after your download has started!"

it never did... so shall i keep that window open 4eva? :bulb:

Comment

Wow that sounds very useful anax

*downloads*

EDIT: Great movie anax

I don't have any trouble now really with the jumps, except for boost jumping when the wall is on my right (because of my keyboard layout, and its been like this for too long now to change it), but i still found it useful

Comment

"You may close this window after your download has started!"

it never did... so shall I keep that window open 4eva?
        You need to have java and/or java script enabled and proxy-server off (at least I have to disable webwasher).

:up: Anaximander

*downloading*

edit - finished and watched it - no bad sound Anaximander your voice is perfect for commenting videos

Comment

cool video :up:
          your voice is fine
          just some of it went a little to fast.

Comment

Nice movie Your Voice sounds Cool :up:

Still cant do them - but hell I dont try. Well TBH I have done a few BD's but my IG games really dont need it.

Loved your movie though, very useful for those that need the skills.

Comment

java = on
              proxy = off

no other fancy stuff

dont work,,

Comment

Re: Movie: How to Jump Like a Mental Patient

Originally posted by Anaximander
                T and a part on shield boost jumps.
                How to Jump Like a Mental Patient
                hi there
                thanx for the video but...

I kind of still don't get the shield boost jump. in your video it looks like you first shield jump into the wall and then perform a boost dogde from that higher level off the wall. this is in contrast to what you say or write ( shield jump with the first jump but in a normal boost dodge you don't first jump up the wall and then boost dogde from it right? at least this is the way i do it - i am confused

another question is do you use the shield jump alias or do you time the shield jump manually?

mbwana

Comment

One thing i would like to know is...

What is actually the point of shield jumping if its going to take off a big chunk of your health ?

I mean, say you want to get up to a ledge with a DD (for example, in DM-Gestalt) and you have to shield jump up there. Now the whole point of getting the DD would be to kick even more ***, but after shield jumping up there you've lost like half your energy anyway, so by the time you meet anyone and die you've hardly had chance to use the DD in the first place :bulb:

Anyone get what i'm trying to say ?

I just find it a little strange tbh, and not a very good trade-off :up:

BTW, yes you do have a cool voice anax :up:

Comment

Krille: Check your in box - I gave you an alternate link to try.

Pannemann: It does looks like that is what is happening, but I am performing the keystrokes just as I describe them. I release the shield charge as I release the first jump.

BadAss84: There are many situations where the place you are shield jumping to will have health that will replace the health lost in the jump. If done properly, you will lose 20 health for the minimum height shield jump - generally the only shield jump you would need. Other situations arise in CTF - like when capturing the flag on Chrome - you can shield jump from the health platform to the flag. In DDOM, if it gets you to the control point faster so that you can make a save, losing 20 health is a bargain.

Comment

Originally posted by BadAss84
                      One thing i would like to know is...

What is actually the point of shield jumping if its going to take off a big chunk of your health ?

I mean, say you want to get up to a ledge with a DD (for example, in DM-Gestalt) and you have to shield jump up there. Now the whole point of getting the DD would be to kick even more ***, but after shield jumping up there you've lost like half your energy anyway, so by the time you meet anyone and die you've hardly had chance to use the DD in the first place :bulb:

Anyone get what i'm trying to say ?

I just find it a little strange tbh, and not a very good trade-off :up:

BTW, yes you do have a cool voice anax :up:
                      the less you charge it up the less it hurts, but u still can get a big jump with little charge.

Thx for the vid man! I've been trying to figure this wall jumping all along, it turns out I've done it a few times but thought it was just a normal dodge jump. I've been practicing like a mental patient on sepukka gorge! U might have helped me become a more complete player in DD thx! Btw have u signed up for the DDOM ladder on clanbase? I'm sure Jedi wouldn't mind getting wooped by zero

Comment

thx Anax for the alternate link =) downloading =D

i'v never tested shield jumps... i'm a IG player mostly but i'v resently started enjoying nw DM more and more

Comment

Originally posted by Anaximander
                          BadAss84: There are many situations where the place you are shield jumping to will have health that will replace the health lost in the jump. If done properly, you will lose 20 health for the minimum height shield jump - generally the only shield jump you would need. Other situations arise in CTF - like when capturing the flag on Chrome - you can shield jump from the health platform to the flag. In DDOM, if it gets you to the control point faster so that you can make a save, losing 20 health is a bargain.
                          hehe now that i read that it does make more sense

With the example i gave though, i was under the impression you have to use a pretty much full shield jump to get to the DD, which hurts you pretty **** bad :bulb:

Maybe i was just doing it wrong or mis-timing it, but it is a pretty high jump

Comment

Originally posted by LeJimster
                            Btw have u signed up for the DDOM ladder on clanbase? I'm sure Jedi wouldn't mind getting wooped by zero
                            US clans aren't allowed

Comment

How do you make the movie so small in size?
                              I made one with Fraps and Virtualdub with no sound,1.07 mins long and its freaking 464 mb big!
                              Compressing it with huffyuv-v2.1.1.

Comment

Working...
                              X