This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panama Jack
    With Opera you don't have to go looking all over hell and gone for plug-ins to download and install. It comes with those things standard.
    which is a good and a bad thing.
    if opera covers all your needs and works on all your pages then you have no reason to change.
    if you want more then mozilla has more to offer.
    once you know what you want it's a one time configuration that makes you happy for months.
    a good example is the developers bar. if you don't play much around with webdesign opera can make you happy but if you develop something then you have more tools in the browser with mozilla once you configured it right. IE is just for proofing that it works perfectly.

Comment

I do web design using Opera and found mozilla to be very annoying and in many cases very non-standard.

I can create standards compliant code that works great in Opera but fails in either/or both IE and Mozilla. And since 90% of the people out there are using IE we have to create code that is viewable on IE. With Opera I can create web pages that work perfectly on both Opera and IE without having to do anything special but half the time Mozzilla displays wrong.

So basically if a developer wants a browser that will allow him to view properly designed web pages that do not need special code to support certain browsers then Opera is by far the best choice.

Comment

Haha... operausers... you seen this:

[shot]http://home.online.no/~maber3/hosting/opera_nost.png[/shot]

lol, new to me... lots of different "user modes" to view your websites!

(btw, noticed I lost the "page bar"? Only rightclick + scroll the mouseweel, and you get a list of your open pages... even more minimalism... SE-WEET! )

Comment

Originally posted by Panama Jack
          I do web design using Opera and found mozilla to be very annoying and in many cases very non-standard.

I can create standards compliant code that works great in Opera but fails in either/or both IE and Mozilla. And since 90% of the people out there are using IE we have to create code that is viewable on IE. With Opera I can create web pages that work perfectly on both Opera and IE without having to do anything special but half the time Mozzilla displays wrong.

So basically if a developer wants a browser that will allow him to view properly designed web pages that do not need special code to support certain browsers then Opera is by far the best choice.
          a) you can make compliant code for any two of the browsers that fails on the third since non of the 3 bowsers is perfect. .

b) compliant to what? http://www.w3c.org/ has an awful lot standards on the site .xhtml and html have more dtd's then my two hands fingers .

c) i hope u use the markup validation service and don't just think that everything is alright.

as i said none of the browsers is perfect in rendering pages and so i use the one that has the best tools for errordedection and solving.

dominspector, developers bar, live http headers (thats really cool if you make serverside stuff too) and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mohlraax
            (btw, noticed I lost the "page bar"? Only rightclick + scroll the mouseweel, and you get a list of your open pages... even more minimalism... SE-WEET! )
            Hmm, not sure I'm ready to go that far yet since not all of my computers at work have scroll wheels. Might give it a try anyway at home.

And yes, the nostalgia look is funny

Comment

Originally posted by Morba
              using IE is like usin Outlook Express
              pointless
              I use OE just 'cus that's what was there when I installed the OS. What email program should I switch to, and why?
              Thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by z3npunk
                I use OE just 'cus that's what was there when I installed the OS. What email program should I switch to, and why?
                Thanks...
                Mozilla Thunderbird, because it won't install Blaster for you. Among other things.

Comment

Woah this thread brings back memories.....

...of last week!

Comment

AOL oonz joo!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
                      Who voted for IE? Come on, own up so I can slap you with a large trout
                      ***** I voted for IE 6.0 what you gonna do now huh?

Comment

I don't care wht u ppl say...

I use AVant and it works good for me...

And i also use firefox which comes in second...

Comment

Using Opera 7.51 final & loving it. Best browser out there.

http://www.opera.com/download

The non-java version has a 3.4MB download.

Comment

I am using Mozilla and have never had any problems with it, but Im downloading Opera to have a look and see what its like

Comment

Originally posted by IbSta
                              ***** I voted for IE 6.0 what you gonna do now huh?
                              were gonna crush ure face in :sulk:

but fortunately the question is which do u use,not which do u like...

Comment

I've got IE... but i haven't tried firefox or opera yet.
                                do they cost anything? or is it a free download? or what?

Comment

Working...
                                X