Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried that, but it insists on putting http:// in front of my abbreviated bookmark. like I tried to rename this forum to "ut" and enter that into the address bar, but it tried to go to http://ut/.
    No no no... NICKNAME... not the "name" or the "description"... I'm pritty sure you done it wrong... if no, tell!

One last dumb question: I accidently got rid of my main toolbar. How do i get it back? This happened to me once before and I think it there was something in the right-click menu that allowed me to bring it back, but I can't find that option in 7.50B1.
    Its under "view"... "View - Main bar - select one"... shouldnt be to hard!

... and make sure to post that minimalistic skin once its done!

Comment

okay, mozilla firefox 0.8 is great and all, but how come for some sites and links i press once, nothing happens, and then when i press a 2nd time the link works?
      sort of annoying problem

Comment

Originally posted by RedShadowXX
        okay, mozilla firefox 0.8 is great and all, but how come for some sites and links i press once, nothing happens, and then when i press a 2nd time the link works?
        sort of annoying problem
        It doesn't unlock links until the page is fully loaded, which annoys me too. There's probably an about:config tweak, but I'm too lazy to look.

Comment

Opera, no problems no tweaks and great speed

DeathPenguin
          Check View/toolbars/main bar

Comment

Originally posted by Mohlraax
            No no no... NICKNAME... not the "name" or the "description"... I'm pritty sure you done it wrong... if no, tell!
            You're right--I was changing the name, not the nickname. D'oh!

Its under "view"... "View - Main bar - select one"... shouldnt be to hard!
            I still have no idea how to get to it. That's the toolbar I'm trying to re-enable (The one with file, view, window, helo, etc). Sorry if I called it by the wrong number.

... and make sure to post that minimalistic skin once its done!
            Here is the thread on the Opera forums where the guy was talking about it.

Comment

Firefox!

Comment

Whoa, I just realized that alt-b brings the bookmarks up in Opera. That pretty much eliminates my need for the sidebar

Comment

Originally posted by DeathPenguin
                  I still have no idea how to get to it. That's the toolbar I'm trying to re-enable (The one with file, view, window, helo, etc). Sorry if I called it by the wrong number.
                  Oh you lost THAT one... :weird: Hm... I have no idea how to turn that off, so I'm not sure how to turn it on... :bulb: It wont let me rightclick on it!

Sorry boy, I realy dont know... ask at the opera forum... tnx for the link btw!

Comment

also, in mozilla firefox 0.8, is there anyway i can configure it so that when i click on link, the link opens in a new tab instead of a new window?

Comment

try middlemousbutton/scrollwheel, if you can use it as a button. I can, and it works perfect, opens a new tab and loads it under the one you're currently viewing. Perfect :up:

Comment

try some of extentions for enchaced tabbed browsing :noob:

http://texturizer.net/firefox/extensions/#tabprefs

Comment

Originally posted by Eeep
                          try middlemousbutton/scrollwheel, if you can use it as a button. I can, and it works perfect, opens a new tab and loads it under the one you're currently viewing. Perfect :up:
                          did not know that.... very nice indeed

Comment

Originally posted by RedShadowXX
                            also, in mozilla firefox 0.8, is there anyway i can configure it so that when i click on link, the link opens in a new tab instead of a new window?
                            yes. get the tab browsing prefs on the extention page. a quick 1 sec download then you have options to make links open in new tab.

Comment

With Opera you don't have to go looking all over hell and gone for plug-ins to download and install. It comes with those things standard.

Comment

lol @ jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X