Telefragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telefragging

Well you gimped telefragging, good job EPIC. Congrats on shutting up the whining noobs that didn’t care to learn how to MOVE or dodge in this game. You can now only telefrag people that are DIRECTLY in front of you, FACING you, a little bit off to the side or from behind and it’s a no go. One of the most fun (and degrading) weapons to kill with and you gimp it. Any moron that says it was too easy to telefrag with are just ignorant fools that hated getting telefragged and could not master it.

Telefragging was one of the hardest weapons to use because you had to shoot at your target with his distance in mind (like the shock combo) and not just point and shoot like every other weapon. It was even harder then the shock combo because you had to be MUCH more precise when shooting it as it is not an AOE like the shock combo is, there was no room for error making it the hardest weapon to kill with. First came the 5 charge limit in 2K3 which was bad, now this all out gimping nerf which has destroyed it to the point of it being useless.

I am very displeased with this nerf; to me telefragging was one of the major things that set UT apart from the other FPS games and now its basically non existent. Thanks a lot EPIC.

:haha:

Comment

i can telle frag in ut2004 fine now only needs timming but i would mind if epic would change it back

but gameplay change's it a lot! so i dunno never got tellefraged

Comment

all of ut2k4 is nothing but a big ****ing NERF!

Well, is anyone playing this nerfed out POS of a game?? online numbers are terrible.

ok, I do like the game but ****, it's not nearly as challenging and all of the goodies have been taken out

Comment

Hmmm,

I haven't found the TF any harder.

BTW, I've TF in 2004 in mid fight. So, my experience differs from yours.

Comment

I think it's easier now , more frequent TF's..

Comment

More frequent my ***, its almost non existent now. Anyone that plays CTF/BR as their main game and WAS efficent with the translocator will know this.

It's not harder, it's the fact that you cannot do it from behind or from the side. Say someone is sniping, or camping a spot in general, you have to move directly in front of them to TF them. You cannot TF someone from behind as they are running with your flag or running away from you in general. Its completely useless now.

Comment

Whiners. Gotta love 'em.

UT2K4 has it all over previous games. Better in every respect, IMO. Well done, Atari and Epic.

Comment

Now, I know there alot of people that think that telefragging is the same, but unfortunatly they must not use it very often because they would immediatly notice a big difference. I play IG/BR 135 LG, and the translocator is an integral part of the game. In ut2k4, the translocator is much more difficult to get a frag than it was in ut2k3. I have coordinated with players from the opposite team to try to telefrag them. You honestly almost have to make them walk on top of your translocator to get them fragged. I have to agree with this post entirely, simply because getting a telefrag is more difficult than ut2k3.

Comment

You're nominated for the 2004 Whinies(TM)!

The Whinies(TM) will be awarded to the threads that have the highest level of righteousness coupled with a complaint that either no one cares about nor agrees with.

It's gonna be stiff competition this year, so get crackin' on those crack-pot complaints!

Comment

OOOH boo hoo!! Baby can't telefrag anymore!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:
                      If anything it requires more skill now then it ever did. So shut the hell up and get some real problems before posting stupid topics.

*Gets ready for an idiotic response*

Comment

Originally posted by catphile
                        You're nominated for the 2004 Whinies(TM)!

The Whinies(TM) will be awarded to the threads that have the highest level of righteousness coupled with a complaint that either no one cares about nor agrees with.

It's gonna be stiff competition this year, so get crackin' on those crack-pot complaints!
                        The sad part about your post is that he doesn't qualify. I agree with him entirely. It would be nice to hear from the Epic boys stating what they did to change the area in which you translocate to that gives a frag, because it is definitely not the same and is much smaller than ut2k3.

I will admit that the way this topic was approached was rather brazen, but nonetheless, he is right.

Comment

Originally posted by DKoneII
                          More frequent my ***, its almost non existent now. Anyone that plays CTF/BR as their main game and WAS efficent with the translocator will know this.

It's not harder, it's the fact that you cannot do it from behind or from the side. Say someone is sniping, or camping a spot in general, you have to move directly in front of them to TF them. You cannot TF someone from behind as they are running with your flag or running away from you in general. Its completely useless now.
                          quickly translocate again will do the trick just try to shoot the disc on he's head then telle

Comment

Originally posted by BroMacK
                            The sad part about your post is that he doesn't qualify. I agree with him entirely. It would be nice to hear from the Epic boys stating what they did to change the area in which you translocate to that gives a frag, because it is definitely not the same and is much smaller than ut2k3.

I will admit that the way this topic was approached was rather brazen, but nonetheless, he is right.
                            Alright. So his chances of *winning* are lowered, as you agree with him. But he still scored highly on the "good job EPIC. Congrats on shutting up the whining noobs" righteousness level.

And people flying around a map telefragging people just annoyed most of us and did scare people away from the game. It was way too easy and common before. You could telefrag people by accident.

I'm glad Epic made it more rare. Hit me with a weapon, not your freakin transportation device.

Comment

Let them post their half witted comments. They obviously cannot think of anything better to say because of their sheer ignorance on the subject.

Comment

Working...
                              X