Even more instant play!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even more instant play!

I got to thinking about this while playing worms the other day. I think it would be cool, as either a mod or an official patch, to add a feature that would appear on the main menu in UT2004 as Quick Play (or something like that). When you click it, a menu will appear to pick a gametype. You select your gametype, and the computer randomly picks a map of that gametype, puts a random amount of bots into it (based on the levels desired amount of course), and randomly picks mutators (if a check box is checked to do so).

I think this could be a very useful option for people who don't want to spend time setting up thier game. Just an idea I thought I'd share, seems easy enough to implement, and I think many people would find it useful.

Thoughts & opinions?

Re: Even more instant play!

Originally posted by Layziepop01
    I got to thinking about this while playing worms the other day. I think it would be cool, as either a mod or an official patch, to add a feature that would appear on the main menu in UT2004 as Quick Play (or something like that). When you click it, a menu will appear to pick a gametype. You select your gametype, and the computer randomly picks a map of that gametype, puts a random amount of bots into it (based on the levels desired amount of course), and randomly picks mutators (if a check box is checked to do so).

I think this could be a very useful option for people who don't want to spend time setting up thier game. Just an idea I thought I'd share, seems easy enough to implement, and I think many people would find it useful.

Thoughts & opinions?
    Except for the initial run-through on the SP ladder (I felt obligated but it was boring as hell) and testing out mods and such, I never use the SP mode . If you take a look around at how many clans there are, at how well the team games play and how busy their servers are, you'll find I'm in the majority. Most of us don't care about SP features. What we care deeply about is a secure and stable game. Until they have completely worked out the bugs in these essential areas, SP feature development should be shelved.

Comment

Working...
    X