Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Asmodeus5150
    I'm a DOOM nut, have been since day one, I just like the scary satanic stuff I guess, but that's the **** that makes for a cool game. Even read the novels, which wasn't great, but funny.

BTW, is there anyway I can download the original doom that is compatible with windows XP, I'll like to jack around with it again for old time sakes.
    Asmodeus5150, i have to warn you, its probably not a good idea. like you, i am a HUGE fan of the game (which i still maintain is most responsible for bringing FPS to mainstream popularity), and a few years ago downloaded it, give it another go for old time's sake...

...bad move. Because of the infinite gap between doomII and modern FPS, I really couldn't play it for too long before giving it up. My memories of the game, and the good times had, were/are so much better than the game actually is now in terms of where FPS gaming has gone.

But no matter what, i regard it as a large part of FPS gaming's foundation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    or download the doom remake:

http://www.3ddownloads.com/doomworld...oom_remake.exe

Leave a comment:

• replied
    me think doom 1 and 2 are freeware and
    duke nukem.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BTW, is there anyway I can download the original doom that is compatible with windows XP, I'll like to jack around with it again for old time sakes.

If you have doom for Windows 95, double click (from the CD) the Doom.exe file, it should play from the CD. At least it does on mine.[

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OMFG....how could we forget Deus Ex?!!! Original Deus Ex with FarCry graphics technology..... *faints*

*twitches*

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm a DOOM nut, have been since day one, I just like the scary satanic stuff I guess, but that's the **** that makes for a cool game. Even read the novels, which wasn't great, but funny.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Uhm, are we talking about strictly multiplayer experiences here?

Because my top SIngleplayer FPS games are, in no order:
    *Deus Ex
    *Half Life
    *System Shock 2

and my top multiplayer FPS games are, IN order:
    1. Quake 1
    2. Quake 3
    3. UT99

UT2004 is too early yo judge, and frankly anyone who cites Half Life as the best MULTIPLAYER FPS ever is smoking some pretty good crack. Counterstrike multiplayer = amazing. Half Life multiplayer = utter ****.

You know I'm right

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Der Kopfwerfer
    Quake 3 was all about super-refined gameplay.
    :haha::haha::haha:

Depends on how you define "refined". If it means twitchfest, sure...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by §pectre
    People still play online?
    Yes the Descent Community still active.

the 1.5 patch for Descent 3 is on the work.
    If you go on planetdescent or the DBB, you will see that the player still alive!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    to me Q3A was ..

Red, Brown, Orange, jump pad, red, brown, orange, jump pad, demonic face, jump pad, orange, red, brown

a few good maps though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ghostgeek][
    Q3A was thoroughly trounced by the original UT. Q3A's best quality was to show us how many different shades of Brown, Red and Orange there were.
    Quake 3 was all about super-refined gameplay. The graphics were quite good, as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ghostgeek][
    I would call it a flight sim (although sci-fi). If Descent is a FPS, then you might as well include the Wing Commander series as well as Mechwarrior (also in the sim category for me).
    True, but to me, Descent (especially in multiplayer) plays at a much, much faster pace than Mechwarrior (I haven't played Wing Commander, so I can't comment). Therefore to me it plays more like a FPS than a flight sim. The pace in a good game of Descent 3 rivals a full DM server in UT2004.

As for the ones on the poll. I have played some of them, but I was way too addicted to Descent at the time to notice (not to mention that I didn't have the money to get said games).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Starfighter
    Classics only.
    Abuh? I guess the title of the poll is pretty **** off then.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    id say quake2 :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Starfighter
    somebdy please vote quake 3 , not fair. :up:
    Q3A was thoroughly trounced by the original UT. Q3A's best quality was to show us how many different shades of Brown, Red and Orange there were.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X