Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has this happened to you? (remote pancaking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by C.Caveman
    I love to learn new tricks from people who show ME no mercy.
    Yeah, I should have mentioned that too. People like that used to **** me off. Nowadays, it just pushes me to consistently improve at my game.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm going to have to side with the no-mercy atitude.

I love to learn new tricks from people who show ME no mercy.

There are some stop-gap measures built in to help.

When you first spawn, you are INVINCIBLE UNTIL YOU FIRE YOUR WEAPON...

Keep it in mind.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mosh83
    Its even more fun when you start doing your thing, loading up the node etc... then your own manta slowly creeps back on you and crushes you,

D'oh!

It must happen to others too?
    Yeah,this has happened to me more than once.I'm more careful now with where I park the Manta.
    Last night.I'm driving the Goliath,the Levi. is right next to the Goliath near the Boulder where the Target paiter iis on Severance.The Levi goes into the fixed position and pins the Goliath under neath it's tripod.It Didn't damage the tank and I could still fire at targets,but I could move without moving the goliath,so I stayed in place until the Goliath moved out again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I once pancaked someone with the iontank... that was weird

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's "same team" courtesy. And not only do I not steal other fellow team members' vehicles, but I spend a good amount of time recharging their vehicles, giving people rides, topping-off nodes, and pushing tanks/Levis to help them reach their destination quicker. Yep, yep. I'm a team player.

I just don't show courtesy to the enemy. Sorry. That's just how I play.

So try to not jump into a thread, start ripping on how others play a video game, and calling people you don't even know "lame tards" that don't know history, because the only thing you're accomplishing is showing this 35-year old your lack of maturity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tigerdave
    Yep, it's called "hijacking" and not only is it permitted, it's part of the game.
    You know very well I was speaking of stealing a teammate's ship, which by your definition, is perfectly acceptable.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its even more fun when you start doing your thing, loading up the node etc... then your own manta slowly creeps back on you and crushes you,

D'oh!

It must happen to others too?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AlconMan
    If you were at a node repairing a Raptor and I spawned, ran up to it before you finished repairing, stole it and flew away... that is fair? By your definition it is absolutely fair.
    Yep, it's called "hijacking" and not only is it permitted, it's part of the game. Ain't that something?

If you knew anything about history, you'd know that there have always been certain rules, even in war. Do some research on common war principals in history, you'll be surprised.
    Hmm, history major here. And so yup, I've done the research. I still stand behind my actions.

You'd have served your team a hell of a lot better by being at that node attacking or constructing.
    Nahhhh, my 9 other team members were already at that node and had it pretty much covered.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr. Brownstone
    “Honor-Code?” Pffft. If it’s in the game it’s in the game.
    Exactly. If it's in the game (and it's not a bug), then the game allows it. Period.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by tigerdave
    Ohhhhh, I must have not seen that written rule where it says I am not allowed to do that. OK, I see now, I should be courteous and give them a chance to fight you say? Hmmm, yeah. I guess that's how wars throughout history have been one. By giving the enemy have a chance to fight.

Apparently you missed the "Tactics 101" course. So allow me to summarize...

If you want to win the battle, show no mercy.

And yes, they can defend themselves. Simply dodge, hit the weapons locker right next to the spawn point, whip out the Avril, and fire. Furthermore, they spawn at more than one point at the base. I had to keep going back and forth. It's not like I was hovering over the spot. Doh!

I thought the main objective of Onslaught was to, oh I don't know, WIN AT ANY COST? Am I wrong here?

And did it ever cross your mind that perhaps I was defending MYSELF while waiting for the power node to become vulnerable so I could attack it?
    There is a certain amount of decency you should show other players in the game.

If you were at a node repairing a Raptor and I spawned, ran up to it before you finished repairing, stole it and flew away... that is fair? By your definition it is absolutely fair.

There are some differences in my example, yes. However, the basic idea is the same. There are certain things that you just shouldn't do.

"I guess that's how wars throughout history have been one. By giving the enemy have a chance to fight."

If you knew anything about history, you'd know that there have always been certain rules, even in war. Do some research on common war principals in history, you'll be surprised.

"And did it ever cross your mind that perhaps I was defending MYSELF while waiting for the power node to become vulnerable so I could attack it? "

You'd have served your team a hell of a lot better by being at that node attacking or constructing.

"Furthermore, they spawn at more than one point at the base. I had to keep going back and forth. It's not like I was hovering over the spot."

I'm not even going to begin attacking the flawed logic there, it's not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    “Honor-Code?” Pffft. If it’s in the game it’s in the game.

I don’t go out of my way to do what some would call “being lame” or “cheesy,” but I won’t complain about it if it is done to me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    playing smart is one thing, "laming" is another, however it depends more on the server, if it is an honor server or a normal server

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I was flying back to one of my team nodes in a manta(i was allmost there) when a sniper picked me off, but my manta was still intact, and wouldent you know i respawned right at the node i was heading for when BAM i was ran over by my own manta :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    An enemy tank recently "camped" a spawn location and blew me away about 10 times in a row. Did I get mad? Yes. Did I find it unfair? No.

I eventually shot enough Avril rockets to take him out, but as I see it, he was fragging me fair and square. He was at the right place, and the right time and (no doubt) with the right weapon at hand.

I like to play using the same tactics as the US Military. And that is to lay low and stake out (or as you folks call it, "camping") the location and attack when the time is right using the best weapon(s) at hand -- including mantas. This is all no different than a Leviathan repeatedly firing at the same node/core.

It's called "fighting smart". And I'm sure many others will agree.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmmmm, so UT2K4 has an honor code, does it also include not killing chatting players? It's probaly very similar to the good ole JKA honor code. Hmmmm, an honor code to abide by..... hmmm this'll be interesting. Honor codes are provided to promote fair fun play in games rahter than having people insanely spawn kill enemy players, anyways, I've never had this ocurr before, interesting, LOL Swiper_the_fox thats gotta be one of the funniest stories I ever heard, beholding ur enemies being crushed by ur own corpse, thats happened to me before, except it was an enemy manta corpse smacking me into the ground, some times I see entire bot teams crushed beneath manta corpses as they fall to the ground, I now know to shoot them first chance even if they're fyling up in the air dead and such, makes for a nice big explosion overhead and those below aren't squashed, LOL.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X