Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIC, DE, Someone...FIX the **** TEAM BALANCE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: skill inbalance

Originally posted by Newbie
    That's right. Not until game servers are divided into different level for different skilled players, the outcomes are always determined by a couple key players.

In my old Quake2 CTF day, where there is a server we play often and recognize each other's nick. We play team pick. Once game started, no one could join, and rarely any one would leave in the middle.

Until that I think you guys just take the opportunity to reshare your skills, well one day you will be the one that can make the difference. I don't think there is much can be done in pub servers right now. Just don't blame Epic for everything.
    heh, what makes you think I and others dont already make the difference. I dunno about anyone else but I usually am. but when the its 8vs8 and theres only 1 good person on the red team and all skilled players on the blue there is no chance. i dont care how good you are you cant really do much when its 4 or more against you (playing other skilled players mind you). The point is you should not have to switch teams. if forcing team balance only means evening out the # of players then epic/de are retarded. the game should even out the teams according to the score of the previos map if they continue on and assume the new players are average. this should be quite simple and I really dont understand why it's not like this.

preventing team switching is not a good idea at all.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: skill inbalance

Originally posted by DKoneII
      the game should even out the teams according to the score of the previos map if they continue on and assume the new players are average. this should be quite simple and I really dont understand why it's not like this.
      I agree that's how it sould work. The reason it's not a simple thing to implement is that the match starts before everyone is loaded into the server. People with slow PCs don't actually show up until the teams are set. In order to do proper team balance, the server would have to delay map start by a minute or so to wait for everyone to load in, or it would need to have the power to force people to swap teams after the match has started.

Comment

Working...
      X