Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIC, DE, Someone...FIX the **** TEAM BALANCE!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPIC, DE, Someone...FIX the **** TEAM BALANCE!

I dont usually complain but for real, you play 1 good game out of 10. Even if its the same people playing map after map. The team balance option is seriously broken. If the same people play map after map this game does not evenly put them on the two different teams. In fact, most of the time it puts all the top scorers on one team. Its very rare that you get a good game, 99% of the time people just quit the game because they are getting totally owned.

This is a serious problem and I hope the powers that be do something about it. Again, its getting very sad that a good game is hard to come by.

How hard can it be for the server to look at the top scoreres and split them up for the upcoming map?

Agreed. Better team balance on servers would improve the game experience tremendously. It almost feels as though you luck into good games when you find them.

Comment

Well ya know...

People could just try changing teams . That's what I do, I hate running the map just as much as I hate getting owned...

Comment

I find people changing team is often the problem.

I hate it when a round starts and people start suiciding left and right becuase they realize they aren't on the team that had those players that won the last round. Then you get a fun match of 10 vs 6 - Yeah team!

Comment

yeah i've noticed on ONS servers that people seem to switch to the winning team.

Comment

a mutator that won't let you quit and join again until the next game would be nice to go along with a better team balance option.

Comment

People come and go all the time and not all players are equally skilled. Just how do you enforce such a thing of team balance in pub servers? No way unless one the game starts, no one can join and no one can leave. Well how can you prevent someone leaving? shoot the dog?

Comment

Originally posted by Mykel
                yeah i've noticed on ONS servers that people seem to switch to the winning team.
                I am guess that this isn't in my disposition to know why anyone would want to switch to a winning team mid-game. If you are loosing, you aren't winning, so you are a non-winner so switching to a winning team won't change the fact that you are a non-winner and you might even aid the winning team to acheive a level of non-winning that you tried to avoid by switching from a non-winning team. If you have to be on a winning team so badly play bots on novice using "phil" and "allammo" so you can win as often as you want. If you paint spots on a bulldog it doesn't make it a dalmation.

Comment

i agree

I agree this is a big problem. It would be nice if, at the very least, force balance teams could switch people around in the first minute of the match based on their score from the previous map.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie
                    People come and go all the time and not all players are equally skilled. Just how do you enforce such a thing of team balance in pub servers? No way unless one the game starts, no one can join and no one can leave. Well how can you prevent someone leaving? shoot the dog?
                    BF1942 does it, i'm not sure how, but the top scorers are split evenly after the round end and the next one starts. So technically this only works if the same players keep playing for awhile, but helps a ton!

Comment

I also agree. I'm starting to think that maybe my team losing all the **** time is not just me..

Comment

indeed rearange teams after a round depending on pph (score)

when someone leaves a message should get displayed like " teams are uneven" and a solution follows: " automatic switch will occur in 1 minute

So someone from the team with too many players wil get switched to the other team

Comment

Yeah, you should NOT be able to switch teams when it's not even.
                          Enemy Territory does this, and the teams are always at least numerically even.

Comment

skill inbalance

Originally posted by keroppilee
                            Yeah, you should NOT be able to switch teams when it's not even.
                            Enemy Territory does this, and the teams are always at least numerically even.
                            I think the more common problem is that the teams get numerically even but unabalanced in skill. A lot of times I will play BR or CTF games where there are 4 skilled players and a bunch of noobs. When 3 of the skilled players get on one team it's not even close, regardless of the actual number of people on the team.

Comment

Re: skill inbalance

Originally posted by jbrians
                              I think the more common problem is that the teams get numerically even but unabalanced in skill. A lot of times I will play BR or CTF games where there are 4 skilled players and a bunch of noobs. When 3 of the skilled players get on one team it's not even close, regardless of the actual number of people on the team.

That's right. Not until game servers are divided into different level for different skilled players, the outcomes are always determined by a couple key players.

In my old Quake2 CTF day, where there is a server we play often and recognize each other's nick. We play team pick. Once game started, no one could join, and rarely any one would leave in the middle.

Until that I think you guys just take the opportunity to reshare your skills, well one day you will be the one that can make the difference. I don't think there is much can be done in pub servers right now. Just don't blame Epic for everything.

Comment

Working...
                              X