No announcement yet.

Whats your opinion on rocket arena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been behind this idea for a long time but gave up and lost interest when Mongo one of the original coders for Rocket Arena said he was giving up on it. He thinks people wont play it and it would be a waste of his time blah, blah... I think if him and Green Marine got together with DE and Epic level designers RA would really take off again. Thats my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ziadoz
      http://www.ut2k3.fr/rocketeer

check the forums out.
      You guys need to do something about the thumbnails in the screenshot section BADLY.
      They're all screwy and badly coloured.

Comment

Originally posted by Boksha
        You guys need to do something about the thumbnails in the screenshot section BADLY.
        They're all screwy and badly coloured.
        Maybe they're trying to capture Q3's original feeling?

Comment

I just had a look at the map-screenshots (not the thumbs) and I think they need a little (not to say a lot) working on the lighting. They look flat and boring right now.

PM me, if you need them updated with lighting and light-meshes that don't screw the gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
            Maybe they're trying to capture Q3's original feeling?
            Well, that's what I thought the first time I saw them, but apparently there's plenty of Egyptian style arenas in there, along with a lot of other techno style maps. A lot more like the original UT1 maps than I thought, which is a good thing. (tho' I'll never forgive that one guy for what he did to Bloodsport )

(related: what I'd like to suggest to the mappers... if you make a RA map, don't try to do too many different styles in one map. Differently styled/themed arenas in one map will not only make your map less unique and memorable (having 5 maps in 5 different styles is better than having 5 maps with a bit of everything if you ask me), it will also increase the loading time because more different staticmeshes and textures are used)

Comment

I really liked RA, fab game type

Comment

Oooh yeah.

Assault is back, Jailbreak and RA are coming -- Soon all my favorite gametypes from UT will be back

Comment

rocket launchers are my least favorite weapon in the game. so NO hahar.

Anyway u go ahead an make the stuff u'll be making the quake lovers happy

It just isnt my cup of tea I'm against high ammo rocket launchers.

Comment

Obligatory Essobie post in a Rocket Arena thread. Never played RA for UT, but it's well known I played far too much of it in Quake 1, 2, and 3.

Might be interesting to see something like it done for UT2K4, but I'm not entirely sure it would catch on as much as it did for Quake 3. The problem with UT2K4 is that there's just too many damned good mods out of the box for UT2K4. The masses are going to be happy not downloading any other gametype.

Comment

RA is good to bring back.

Comment

Originally posted by Gp-Zero
                        rocket launchers are my least favorite weapon in the game. so NO hahar.

Anyway u go ahead an make the stuff u'll be making the quake lovers happy

It just isnt my cup of tea I'm against high ammo rocket launchers.
                        I isnt just rockets. The original version in quake 1 was just rockets. Thats where it got its name. But it changed to all weapons and has been that way since.

Comment

Originally posted by RumAndCoke
                          I isnt just rockets. The original version in quake 1 was just rockets. Thats where it got its name. But it changed to all weapons and has been that way since.
                          This is actually incorrect. The original RA was all weapons... but given that it was Quake 1 (which featured exceptionally unbalanced weapons that put the Rocket Launcher WAY at the top of the list of best weapons), it just seemed that way. That's where it got its name.

What is interesting is that the better players even in the Quake 1 iteration of RA typically used many different weapons given different situations, albiet not nearly as much as you would in Quake 2, 3 or Unreal Tournament settings.

Comment

the people i play tend to snipe more then me since they're better with it then me but every now and again i'll try my luck with the snipper riffle

Comment

Working...
                            X