Whats your opinion on rocket arena?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your opinion on rocket arena?

There has been some talk on some mod sites that are asking their community if they should convert it over from UT99 to Ut2k4? I made a poll above and would like to know where this community stands on it?

If you don't know what rocket arena is I will try to describe it to you. It is a mod that came with unreal tournament "game of the year edition" What it is, is a mod that tests your skill man to man or in 2 man teams. It is built so there are no excuses for loosing. All the maps built for it are 1 vs 1 arena's and what it offers is this:

After joining a server with RA, a menu appears and asks you to pic your arena and your team(Yes mulipule matches can happen at the same time on different maps on the same server.) When the game begins you start out at 199 health, full ammo and wepapons. There is no fall damage or weapon damage from your weapons, so rocket jumping is possible along with other combos.
    All in all this is a really fun mod. :up:

bump

Comment

Sounds great, cant wait, Getting shot 3 seconds after spawning coz you were spawned 3 millimeters away from someone with 5-6 weapons and you only have that pea shooter is a little silly.

Comment

RA = TEH FUN!

Comment

it has allready been done for ut2003, they are working on the version for ut2004 currently.

http://www.rocketarena2003.com/

iview (kind of old):
          http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=536919

the gameplay of the first beta back in 2003 was amazing and the maps where great. but it had some serious bugs so it got forgotten to the puplic. i just cant wait for the next version.

Comment

Originally posted by Dot
            Sounds great, cant wait, Getting shot 3 seconds after spawning coz you were spawned 3 millimeters away from someone with 5-6 weapons and you only have that pea shooter is a little silly.
            Read the description again.

Comment

****!!!

Comment

I like the bouncy rockets and plasma climbs.. I wish they were in default gameplay. But as a mod, I can take it or leave it.

Comment

im part of the rocketeer team :up: its coming for ut2004, dont worry

give our coder some encouragement (cash donations accepted!) hes working his *** off go rork :up:

Comment

**** yea. I love Q3 rocket arena! would love to see it made for UT2004. I havent played UT's but it sounds about the same. It is so much better then normal 1 on 1 deathmatch because you can take turns.

Does UT's RA have a team arena and multiple 1on1 and 2on2 levels for each map?

Comment

Originally posted by RumAndCoke
                      **** yea. I love Q3 rocket arena! would love to see it made for UT2004. I havent played UT's but it sounds about the same. It is so much better then normal 1 on 1 deathmatch because you can take turns.

Does UT's RA have a team arena and multiple 1on1 and 2on2 levels for each map?
                      yeah it does

Comment

they made a ra for Quake 3 and that totally kicked *** so im imagining the possibilities for ut2004

Comment

this sounds fun. make it so!

Comment

Its been soooo long since I have played this.

Comment

ra = teh rox.. nuf said. =)

Comment

Working...
                              X