Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Most Efficient Way To Link-Up in ONS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

go look at the code thats how i figure out things like that.

Comment

my god.... a thread on this forum that is actually worth reading....

Good Post. :up:

Comment

how about this

->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->

10 player linking each other should build a node in 1 sec

Comment

Originally posted by zer0kewl
          how about this

->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->->

10 player linking each other should build a node in 1 sec
          Impossible

Comment

Originally posted by Scotty][Hotty
            Impossible
            and how about all linking up directly to 1 person ho is building a node

Comment

It would be fun to try though (and it would seriously take less than a second).

Comment

hmm now i wonder... what does happen if one links in a loop

0-->0
                ^ /
                | v

Comment

As far as I can tell from the code .....

Linking A ---> B ---> C - - - -

Will give C a single boost as the number of links to the person firing appears to be the only one taken into consideration when calculating damage.

The formula for the damage multiplaier (if I remember right) is 1 + (links * 1.5)

So having both A and B linking to C would be more effective.

I could have read the code wrong though.

Comment

Basically, this is similair to Xmas tree bulbs - do you wire them in parallel or series? Each has their advantage but I think they deliver the same power :

1. If you link in series you can make a longer chain, meaning less chance of one rocket taking the whole group out. Disadvantage is that if one person is killed the chain is broken and healing instantly stops. Just like one bulb blowing makes all your Xmas tree lights stop (if they're wired in series).

2. In parallel it doesn't matter if one person is killed (as long as they're not the front man) as healing will continue. However, as a cluster you are more vulnerable to all being wiped out.

Comment

Rather than talking about what's the fastest way to heal a node, what about the most effective?
                      I you link something like this

X
                      / | \
                      X N X

Than all 3 people have a view of whats going on BEHIND the other person. Hopefully an incoming mantra or scorpian or whatever will be noticed by the teammate who is looking that way and can break off from the node and engage them, allowing the other 2 guys to keep charging. I love it when I see 4 guys linking together all grouped around each other. One tank shot, a few mantra fly bys or whatever and the the node is unprotected.
                      Just a suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny_Diplo

2. In parallel it doesn't matter if one person is killed (as long as they're not the front man) as healing will continue. However, as a cluster you are more vulnerable to all being wiped out.
                        I don't think that's much of a problem, since the link gun alt fire actually fires relatively far, so teammates can spread out and be less susceptible to a single attack wiping everyone out.

Oh, and I noticed again on Cain's that the Hub setup seems the most powerful.

Comment

I also noticed that the Hub style makes it easier to decide who to link to when everyone arrives at the same time, especially when you've got more than 3 people (which does happen on maps like Severance while on Cain's Lair).

Comment

you know what i like about this thread?----> it's actually a relevant topic to unreal tournament and not one person has flamed anyone, spammed, or mentioned the ch***er word. excellent thread!

as for your question, i dont have an answer, but it doesnt hurt to BUMP! ^^:up:

Comment

Because multiplication is reflexive, it should take just as long to heal a node, either way.

Comment

I *guess* that the formula should be :

2 links :
                                1 + 1.5*1 = 2.5
                                ---------------------------------
                                3 links (hub) :
                                1 + 1.5*(1+1) = 4

3 links (chained) :
                                1 + (1.5*(1 + 1.5*1)) = 4.75

So chain style shoud be more powerfull.
                                It's like 2 links healing separatly the node (=hub where the hub itself is the node) is less powerfull than if you chain the links.

Comment

Working...
                                X