[OT] FCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[OT] FCC

I don't really think this is too off-topic, as it will eventually affect games like UT. I'm not looking for a debate on this, as it's a subject that everyone has their own unbending views on. But if you have not yet heard of this petition and you think the FCC is getting out of control, then you may want to check it out:

http://www.stopfcc.com/

If not, peace.

Wow, not one response.
    So much for my first thread on here...:cry:

Comment

Don't worry bout not getting responses, these forums can get slow sometimes. Also, people are (unconsiously) more inclined to read a thread if the poster is well known. Not always, it's just a minor psycological thing.

Anyway, i think that radio/tv should go for the most part uncesored, but maybe as a compromise there could be certain hours of the day that a parent could gauruntee clean tv/radio.

Comment

already signed a wihle back. the FCC.... copyright laws... george bush... have all gotten wAY out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by cAm
          Don't worry bout not getting responses, these forums can get slow sometimes. Also, people are (unconsiously) more inclined to read a thread if the poster is well known. Not always, it's just a minor psycological thing.

Anyway, i think that radio/tv should go for the most part uncesored, but maybe as a compromise there could be certain hours of the day that a parent could gauruntee clean tv/radio.
          I'm not well known? I have 100 posts, and several people have come up with very creative names for me during this past month. I thought I was as close to a celebrity as existed on this forum.

Seriously, though; everyone replies to some brand-spanking-new member that comes on here and whines about some supposed cheater. I guess you just have to ask to be flamed, if you really want a response.

I do think this is a pertinent issue for this very forum, though. Violence in video games has been brought up before, and with what appears to be our generation's version of McCarthyism on the horizon, I don't expect it'll be too long before "decency" is carried over to the electronic front. I'm sure Doom3 will bare the brunt of it, but UT2k4 will be right up there with it.

As far as your second paragraph, I agree completely. Those "safe" hours do exist: 6am to 10pm. Those are pretty much waking hours, though. Kinda silly.

Comment

One show that I'd definately liked banned is The-World-According-to-George. ^_- I mean our news is filtered and currently seems to amount to nothing more than either propoganda or "yellow journalism" (especially more so now than before as many national news organizations were very critical of Bush during the first few years of his presidency for good reason). It's all rather bothersome that the news is used to leverage the support of the public to favor certain policies.

Comment

Working...
            X