Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to save to keep my settings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do I need to save to keep my settings?

I am about to format, what files do I need to save to keep all my UT settings.

I know user.ini, anything else?

Well, you might also store UT2004.ini, but there aren't many reasons for you to do it as it contains engine-specific settings. Keeping your User.ini should suffice.

Comment

Before you reformat, make sure you've got your UT2004 CD-Key somewhere safe.

If you can't find it, you can read it from your registry. But not after you've reformatted, obviously.

Seems a fairly obvious thing, but it's happened enough times, and I wouldn't like to see yet another "I've lost my CD-Key - HELP!!" thread being flamed and trolled here.

Comment

something helpfull as well :

export the Unreal Game registry key, very handy with reinstall and when moving your installation.
        it] ****, above poster beat me to it

user & ut2004.ini should suffice tho

oh and any custom maps/textures/staticm's off course.

Comment

what about the .uvx file from the Saves folder? - the SP mission.

Comment

keep evey thing i formated my c last weekedn and my ut is in my G so i just reinstall all my setting and save are still there hehe :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kr4zed
              Well, you might also store UT2004.ini, but there aren't many reasons for you to do it as it contains engine-specific settings. Keeping your User.ini should suffice.
              Yes, but some of the system settings are worth keeping for convenience's sake, who wants to go through the settings manually, trying to remember which texture detail you previously had?
              This applies even more when you've made tweaks to your .ini that you want to save; things like adding FSAA and turning FR Cap off.

Comment

Originally posted by duskboy
                what about the .uvx file from the Saves folder? - the SP mission.
                its one line in your ini, bplayerhasbeatengame=true i believe it was (in 2k3 in 2k4= bunlockedcharaters=values)
                though you'll miss the seperate savegames, all stages are available/unlocked

Comment

Screenshots folder perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                  X