X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT: Willhaven! Beware the Bagels!

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a5_116.html

"Dear Cecil:

Can eating foods with poppy seeds (i.e., bagels, muffins, etc.) really cause someone to fail a routine corporate drug test? I've heard the answer is yes, but I am a skeptic. Aren't drug tests specialized? Are they really testing for *****, which I understand to be the only drug made from the poppy? And even if the test did search for *****, wouldn't the number of poppy seeds needed to make even a minute amount of ***** be far greater than that in the foods we eat poppy seeds in? Help! --Peter Schilling, Minneapolis

Dear Peter:

Let's not beat around the bush. The answer to your question is yes--eating a couple of poppy seed rolls, bagels, etc., can cause you to fail a routine drug test."

Don't eat Bagels and drive... you might get tested Will... and we love j00, heart

I'm off to the bakery, cos I wanna get high

Comment

I don't trust bakeries so I can't sample the delights of 'the' Bagel covered in Poppy Seeds... but enjoy

Comment

beh ... drug tests

heavy :down::up:

Comment

Comment

Re: OT: Willhaven! Beware the Bagels!

Originally posted by mrpartyhat
            "Let's not beat around the bush. The answer to your question is yes--eating a couple of poppy seed rolls, bagels, etc., can cause you to fail a routine drug test."

You will fail for Opiates.

Opiates are fun.

Comment

Working...
            X