No announcement yet.

Holy **** let me in on the secret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am left-handed but use mouse in right hand... and i kill more than i die.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover[Void]
      I think my mistake is that I often wait to see if I hit with LG before I switch, maybe I should just believe a bit more!
      I think that's one of the things. I'm quite reactive when I play, I'll wait to see if something worked and if I was expecting a shot to take someone out, I'll sometimes get obessed and keep trying if it failed (and usually die as a result). A lot of the better players plan ahead and don't even wait to see the results of their actions.

As for individual weapon keys, and pipedswitchweapon, I can't do it. I'm not a touch typist, and for all the practice I've had, any key which isn't under my finger all the time is 50/50 whether I'll hit it or not. So I stick with the mousewheel and live with the fact that sometimes that'll give me a weapon I wasn't expecting.

Comment

Originally posted by StiGMaT
        alot of pps loste there time setting up the conf for controla and making alias to quick changing its a lost of time its a game and should stay that way... some just make it a living they must win finding a ton of way of being faster... lol anyway... i dont got much against it do if you want i wont :P

Pat, can buy some punctuation?

Comment

Originally posted by StiGMaT
          alot of pps loste there time setting up the conf for controla and making alias to quick changing its a lost of time its a game and should stay that way... some just make it a living they must win finding a ton of way of being faster... lol anyway... i dont got much against it do if you want i wont :P
          What's your excuse for crappy spelling and grammar? I mean, I make a lot of spelling errors but at least I make sure my posts are readable.

And you're contradicting yourself. First you say "pps loste there time" (people wasted their time?) because they're spending time on a game. Isn't the whole POINT of games to waste your time? Don't forget a lot of people are having fun tweaking their game. Or talking about a game. Heck, you're on a forum, posting, yourself.

Comment

I've got all of the important weapons configured onto my Nostromo n52 Speedpad, and for those I don't have configured, I have the Next/Previous Weapon buttons right around the movement keys on the n52 that I can use to scroll through weapons quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead
              Pat, can buy some punctuation?
              after you buy an 'I'

Comment

If it's of any help to anyone, my setup:

1 - Shield gun
                2 - AR
                Q - Flak C.
                E - RL
                R - Minigun
                Caps - Bio
                F - Shock R.
                G - SuperWeapon
                X - LG
                C - Link Gun

That's about it. WASD keys are reserved for movement. I also haven't played UT2004 yet so I'll have to figure where to put the new weapons when I finally get to play it.

Comment

The Nostromo n52 and a logitech trackball with 8 buttons on it is your friend.

Comment

I have...
                    Command (that's Mac's Alt) bound to AVRiL/Rocket Luncher
                    Option bound to Lightning | Shock Rifle
                    Control bound to Flak | LinkGun (Both are spammy close range weapons )
                    F bound to Minigun

The best of the bunch is the AVRiL binding. While everyone else will be scrolling through their weapons or fumbling with the number keys, I'll have my AVRiL out before the enemy even notices me.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_fk
                      most use pipedswitchweapons too, which enables you to have 2 weapons on the same key. IE....

KEY=pipedswitchweapon 4 | pipedswitchweapon 7

This will bind the two weapons you have set to 4 and 7 to one key.
                      the only thing i use it for is link/mini everything else has their own key ... and their key is on my mouse (mx500) link and mini are pretty equivalent finishing weps up close... further away mini is better (hitscan). i used to use pipeswitch a lot. but i found after forcing myself to use a single button i got just as fast and now i can select specific weps without thinking about it.

a lot of people screamed that pipeswitch was cheating in 2k3 - but i'm just as fast without it... dunno wtf their problem was. fast wep switch was one of the defining techniques in 2k3 that differentiated it from 99 and for some reason people hate it. oh well, you can still use it in 2k4 and use it well to your advantage. you just can't exploit it to the extent that you used to.

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                        my MX510 got 8 bottons meaning 6 left to bind weapons to.. and some are piped.. meaning if I dont have mini it's link and if I got mini and link it's first mini and press again it's link...

having easy access to your most used weapons are key to get above avange skill in DM / TDM
                        I just got an MX510 - what do i need to do to get the extra 3 buttons working? (using mouseware 9.8 drivers - couldnt see any per game config options in there)

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
                          Try this thread:-

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...light=ONSAvril
                          Didn't provide any info at all

Originally posted by ArPharazon
                          I just got an MX510 - what do i need to do to get the extra 3 buttons working? (using mouseware 9.8 drivers - couldnt see any per game config options in there)

Thanks.
                          http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/do...oftwareid=6819

Comment

Originally posted by Beer.Blunt
                            after you buy an 'I'
                            Touché

Comment

In addition to the very fast switches, if a thread I read on this forum somewhere (search for yourself) if accurate, you can also script the keys to perform primary or secondary attack on switch. So, rpg primary--->autoswitch shockrifle secondary and then just fire shockrifle primary for a seemingly instantaneous combo would be doable.

Of course, that's all depending on whether the thread was accurate in its description of attack binds. I prefer doing it manually - makes the kill all the sweeter.

~S

Comment

Im a WASD player so here is mine..feel free to copy in your config.
                                I group them in catagories. E are my sniping weapons..hitscan.

shock,snipe,lightning

E=pipedswitchweapon 9 | pipedswitchweapon 4

F are my spam weapons. flack..bio. gren mine

F=pipedswitchweapon 3 | pipedswitchweapon 7

R are my rifles and bullet weapons. Assult rifle and mini.

R=pipedswitchweapon 2 | pipedswitchweapon 6

Q is my what i like to call..tool weapons cause i can use them like a tool to perfection. Rocket/avril, link gun

Q=pipedswitchweapon 8 | pipedswitchweapon 5

My 5th mouse button is my shield gun/superweapon.

pipedSwitchWeapon 1 | pipedswitchweapon 0

Because i used F i had to remap use to G which is fine for me cause when i played planetside that was the key to use vehicles and such..

also ALT is my shield bind

Alt=Switchweapon 1 | AltFire | onrelease SwitchToLastWeapon

feel free to copy and use it.

Comment

Working...
                                X