Holy **** let me in on the secret.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy **** let me in on the secret.

I have been spectating ppl who own and i see one main thing. they switch weapons like nothing ive seen. one guy can shoot at you with a shock rifle or sniper rifle and then swith back to a weapon liek flak or rocket launcher when youre in mid air and shoot you when you hit the ground.

how the hell do you do this?? i have to go through weapons with my mousewheel. i was think of making one of my buttons like "Q" a auto switch from my t-loc to flak or something but that isnt really what im talkiing about.

anyone want to let me in on the secret :P

Alot of people have keys that are around their fingers bound to weapons...i personally just use the nubmer keys at the top..I'm not one for switching weapons insainly

Comment

I use the arrow keys for movement as i am a lefty (technically a righty, but i use my mouse in my left hand and it doesn't hinder me at all) so i use the following controls

ins - X-loc
      del - Rocket Launcher
      home - Link Gun
      end - Machine Gun
      pgup - Shock Rifle
      pgdn - Flak Cannon
      mwheelup - Lightning/Sniper
      mwheeepdown - Bio Rifle
      [ - Shield Gun
      ] - Assulat Rifle
      numpad enter - Super Weapon

all the buttons are real easy to get to from the arrows and it only means having to move one finger, so i can keep moving around when i'm switching

Comment

most use pipedswitchweapons too, which enables you to have 2 weapons on the same key. IE....

KEY=pipedswitchweapon 4 | pipedswitchweapon 7

This will bind the two weapons you have set to 4 and 7 to one key.

Comment

yep piped weapons switch is ur daddy

Comment

my MX510 got 8 bottons meaning 6 left to bind weapons to.. and some are piped.. meaning if I dont have mini it's link and if I got mini and link it's first mini and press again it's link...

having easy access to your most used weapons are key to get above avange skill in DM / TDM

Comment

one key for each weapon is faster

Comment

USe individual binds near your directional keys:

for example I use :

Y : frwd
                H : bckwrd
                J : Right
                G: Left

K : Shock Rifle
                U : Translocator
                I : Link Gun
                F :Use
                SpaceBar : Shield
                I still need to remap some of my keys (I should have one for Flak or Mini...) But I have trouble using them as if it was natural.

Comment

Originally posted by fallen_fk
                  most use pipedswitchweapons too, which enables you to have 2 weapons on the same key. IE....

KEY=pipedswitchweapon 4 | pipedswitchweapon 7

This will bind the two weapons you have set to 4 and 7 to one key.
                  ... and that, Suzie, is the secret

It is very easy to do. Go find your User.ini and open it. If you want to use the alpha keys to bind the weapons then go to this section:-

A=
                  B=
                  C=
                  D=
                  E=
                  F=
                  G=
                  H=
                  I=
                  j=
                  K=

etc..

Some of those keys will already be in use by you.

To use the example from Fallen_fk and bind the 2 weapons to the "A" key then alter the line to:-

A=pipedswitchweapon 4 | pipedswitchweapon 7

Save the amended User.Ini

Now when ingame you press the "A" key the first time you will use weapon 4 (if you have it) and on the second press you will use weapon 7.

Now you can do the same to other weapons to bind them to other keys. Just alter the weapon number to what you want.

Bind the weapons to keys near to your movement keys. With practice you will find you can switch like a pro

Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Chain-Lei
                    one key for each weapon is faster
                    Actually it doesn't have to be. So long as you can hit a key combination in less than half a second (the time it takes down to put down a weapon) there's no difference in the duration it takes to switch.
                    The moment you switch again after that half second, the time it takes to switch is increased by another half second. (instead of putting the old weapon down, then bringing up a new one, you now have to put the old weapon down, put the second weapon down and THEN bring the new weapon up)

Comment

I use arrow keys and instead of reaching to switch weapons on keyboard (1, 2, 3, 4, ....) or using scroll wheel...since game is fast paced I might scroll too much and get a wrong weapon then im screwed

...so I use numpad, keys are right there!

Whoever uses arrow keys I urge you to bind weapons to numpad!

Comment

can someone tell me how to pipeswitch btw avril and rocket luncher ? (in that order)

=pipedswitchweapon getweapon onslaught.onsavril | pipedswitchweapon 8

gives me rocket then avril (as if the first paragraf didn't work)

Comment

I think my mistake is that I often wait to see if I hit with LG before I switch, maybe I should just believe a bit more!

No laughing at the back!

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                            can someone tell me how to pipeswitch btw avril and rocket luncher ? (in that order)

=pipedswitchweapon getweapon onslaught.onsavril | pipedswitchweapon 8

gives me rocket then avril (as if the first paragraf didn't work)
                            Try this thread:-

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums...light=ONSAvril

Comment

alot of pps loste there time setting up the conf for controla and making alias to quick changing its a lost of time its a game and should stay that way... some just make it a living they must win finding a ton of way of being faster... lol anyway... i dont got much against it do if you want i wont :P

Comment

Working...
                              X