Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BesigedB
    i keep saying to myself "****, my aim sucks"
    I did too; try changing your crosshair to circle3 or dot, turning off mouse smoothing, and playing at 125% on local games. Then when you go online, you'll feel like it's almost unfair to your enemies: you feel like you're seeing everything in slow motion, and your reaction time is awesome.

Comment

i usually come first or a tight second.

I join which ever server looks nice at the time.

Im not sure if im playing against noobs tho. I am not really sure if i am good or not. Im getting alright at shock combos on the move now tho. When i win i usually think.....

"Hes not very good, its not like my tactics are that hard to counter, i just jump around a bit and land well placed rockets etc, surely anyone can do that!"

i dont even count down for the powerups.

Comment

when I won a 1-on-2 BR game 17-7...

I joined the server when it was 1-on-1. It became 2-on-1 for one map. The team with 2 won, and someone said something like "red team rocks." The next map loaded and the blue team had 2 against my 1. The same person now said something like "blue team is gonna rock now."

Well, they didn't....

Comment

well i consider myself as a average player in a good clan

mr woozy clan up there only beat us bye 1 point so we cant be that bad

im what i like to call a reliable backup im not in the top five players in my clan but i can come in and do the job if needed.

although a major upgrade has done me the world of good

Comment

Originally posted by SideSh0w
            i'm not so good, but then again i'm not a geek who is playing ut for over 8 hours a day i just play for fun, an hour a day or so
            I wish I had the time to be a geek that played the game for 8 hours a day (then I may be what they call "1337" :haha: ), but real life eats into my gaming too much .

I have a lot of fun in the game and I never really bothered with getting any better until I registered for some unofficial UT tournys at quakecon this year. That's when I thought "how good can I get?". I'm just starting to observe things I normally didn't, for example, what maps I like and my preffered weapons (don't run around the corner, bounce a flak cannon shot around it ).

I may not be a skilled player in someone else eyes, but only I can measure my own level of success in anything I do

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
              I'm not good, I suck. But sometimes the other players suck even more, so I win.
              LOL yea me too, in DM, but i'm getting pretty darn good ususally in the top 2 at ONS. I think all the l33t players are still playing DM though that's why it's harder.

Comment

Couple of weeks ago I had a good day on Mutant and netted a #1 and #2 spot before I was done for the day. Felt **** good.

Comment

I thought I was good around the time I started playing QW online and switched to the mouse keyboard (I had been doing 'okay' with a joystick/keyboard up to that point).

Comment

Originally posted by placebo
                    I did too; try changing your crosshair to circle3 or dot, turning off mouse smoothing, and playing at 125% on local games. Then when you go online, you'll feel like it's almost unfair to your enemies: you feel like you're seeing everything in slow motion, and your reaction time is awesome.
                    omfg you're right

thanks heart

Comment

When I'm well practiced and in a good mood, I'll be in the zone, and every LG shot is a headshot, every rocket is a direct hit, and nobody can touch me as a fly around the map like a super-badass ninja.

And as soon as I allow myself to think "****, I'm good," that's when someone better will join the game and hand me my *** on a platter. :down:

Comment

I win about 8 of every 10 DM public games I join, come-out on top pointswise about the same in onslaught games, and I always come-out on top in Invasion, bar a couple games in the past, no exceptions.

I still don't consider myself very good. My aim is bad, my dodging predictable......I just happen to play a lot of people who just aren't quite as good as me. I come across enough good players who utterly own me to know that i'm maybe average at best.

Comment

Working...
                        X