Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At what point did you say....

****, I'm good

It just happen to me like 10 minutes ago. I just finished a few DM rounds on a random server. I always considered myself an average player. I'm not as fast as I used to be and not quick on the draw at all, but I've never really noticed how acurate I've gotten and it seems to be a pretty good trade off. I've gotten to where I can anticipate where an opponent will be and hit him right in the chest with a rocket from the launcher. When I found out I could do this repeatedly I was pretty amazed at myself. I've probably been doing this for a while, but when I actually showed up #1 for the first time since I bought the game, I actually set back and analyed what I did to get there and said "Wow, I'm pretty good"

I'm not bragging or nothing, but I wanted to post this on the forums because I got excited and it's 4 in the morning (or night for me, since I work the lovely graveyard shift) and all my local gaming buddies are sleeping and I can't call them to talk about it right now :haha:

good one.
    i hope to get there one day.

Comment

i keep saying to myself "****, my aim sucks"

Comment

Re: At what point did you say....

Originally posted by Asmodeus5150
        ****, I'm good
        When i made the Clanbase UT2K3 iCTF Eurocup finals with my clan, had to go trough some tough opponents to get there with the odds at 80-20 against us.

When we won the match that took us to the finals all us yelled in victory and a mutual feeling of accomplishment and pride arrose.
        at that very moment we realized we were good players, being selected with the top 16 clans in europe, having beaten most and going to the 1/4 final with the remaining 6 best clans in europe.

Comment

Maybe the other person u played was tired...

Comment

I'm not good, I suck. But sometimes the other players suck even more, so I win.

Comment

Actually I don't. When I'm playing ONS and I score within the top 3 (which is rare, but it happens occassionally) and there are around 10+ other people on my team I'm more likely to think "What's wrong with my team?"

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
                Lol.... imo the main piont is to have fun.. winning is nice but hej the same guy could be #1 at one server and the sucker on the other...
                I gett the most satisfaction from a very tight win.. like 25 <--> 24/23/22 in DM

Besides "There's always a better player out there" somewhere... although some dude's will make u feel like they are the best ever...

Comment

About two months ago I started to think I was pretty handy - regular top-two scorer in most of my matches and normally a useful member of the team. Recently I've been hopeless, though....

[EDIT] ..... Since I turned 25, perhaps not coincidentally....

Comment

i come in 4th or 5th in dm. rarely higher than that. i get alot of frags, my problem is i die 50 times in the process. lol. it is cool when i win once in awhile though. i love fragging a flag carrier in ctf. with onslaught i have no clue. i just go around healing nodes and following orders. i'm a heal ******! i suck at DD, and can never find servers for mutant and lmstanding. i hate assault, because i hate it. gosh, that sounded intelligent. no sleep last night. had to finish painkiller......sweet dreams, my lovers of fRags.

Comment

i'm suprised almost no-one here thinks they're good, even tho good is hard to define and relative to what you measure.

sure, no-one automaticly says they're good out of modesty but there have to be some good players around here ?

kronon why'd you leave man :haha:

Comment

Originally posted by moppel
                        That's basically what I keep tellin myself.
                        It's like that movie Days of Thunder when Cole Trickle(whatta stupid name) starts passing all the other cars and his crew cheif's all "OMG Cole U HAVE 2 slow teh down!!!!1!1" and Cole's like "WTF!?! They all teh suXX0r....17s not meh!?!?!?!"

Comment

i'm not so good, but then again i'm not a geek who is playing ut for over 8 hours a day i just play for fun, an hour a day or so

Comment

Just before I join a game

After reading all about this positive thinking I thought I'd try it, but rarely it works

Brain works like this:

Game loading......
                            [brain = God I'm good, gonna win today..God I'm good, gonna win today..God I'm good, gonna win today..]
                            ....Games loads..
                            [brain = WTF am I on, I'm ****e and gonna lose again...AH Dead again ]:cry:

Fair play though. I've seen a few people I'd say are pretty **** good:
                            Picard
                            Alladdin
                            Reathe

Theres plenty more but I can't remember them, but these guys whoop me lots on InstaGib.

Comment

Whenever I score highest in any match. Not because I'm arrogant. I play iCTF, and am one of the few people that understand that the only thing that matters is the score at the end. Although, I do know that I'm a great teamplayer and I do whatever I can to help my team out. I started out on one server being the worst. I stuck to that server and eventually became one of the best. Good feeling seeing how you can improve by playing against the same people over and over.

Comment

Working...
                              X