Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how come i can't see the guns when watching a demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how come i can't see the guns when watching a demo?

all i see is the crosshair..no guns is it normal?

yes that's normal

Comment

Originally posted by diezl
      yes that's normal
      why is that? It makes the match look so 'not so fun' anymore to watch...well, thanks for clearing that up. Thought i f-ucked up my ut2004 settings or something..

Comment

It *is* normal - but only if you have the settings that way

Comment

Go to "Settings", "Player" and "Weapon Hand" and set it as you like.

Comment

Originally posted by uglyduck_uk
            It *is* normal - but only if you have the settings that way
            ehrm no it isnt?

demo's recorded with that setting will always have weapon hidden. Demo's recorded with weapon shown will sometimes have weapon hidden and sometimes have weapon shown. (its a detail i do not know when it will show and when it will not)

so plz, dont tell people things that you dont know what you are talking about.

Comment

Bollacks to you mate - I was half distracted here and thought he was actually playing the Demo itself. .. are you perfect? - thought not ..

Comment

Bollacks to you mate - I was half distracted here and thought he was actually playing the Demo itself. .. are you perfect? - thought not ..
                im not perfect, but when i make a mistake i can admit it in a mature way when someone points me at it.

(the fact i am not perfect is quite obvious because i explicitly stated that i dont know the details in when a demo is recorded with weapons shown and when it does/does not show) I only know that a demo recorded with weapon hidden will always be played back with weapon hiddden.

Comment

Originally posted by SpH1nX
                  im not perfect, but when i make a mistake i can admit it in a mature way when someone points me at it.
                  That depends on how maturely it is pointed out. Giving someone an instruction after having done so tends to get ones back up.

Comment

That depends on how maturely it is pointed out. Giving someone an instruction after having done so tends to get ones back up.
                    hmm maybe you are right and i told you you where wrong in a false way, if i did i appologise.
                    I do believe in turning your cheek after getting slapped tho
                    be superior if someone is ranting at you. X)

altho i dont really see where i could have been offensive in my previous posts

Comment

Originally posted by SpH1nX

be superior if someone is ranting at you. X)
                      I am *always* superior - unless playing UT2004 online -

OK folks - show over, no casualties ...

Comment

The official word on why this happens was because the demo recorder records in a way like by capturing the network transmissions being sent? And the weapon state isn't part of those transmissions, so the demo recorder can't capture it.

Something like that. Apparently it would be possible to alter the game and shift the weapon information into that stream of data, but it wasn't worth the effort to do so as it would be a big rewrite.

FYI

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatFoo
                          The official word on why this happens was because the demo recorder records in a way like by capturing the network transmissions being sent? And the weapon state isn't part of those transmissions, so the demo recorder can't capture it.

Something like that. Apparently it would be possible to alter the game and shift the weapon information into that stream of data, but it wasn't worth the effort to do so as it would be a big rewrite.

FYI
                          Yep - that makes sense, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by DaPlayer1
                            why is that? It makes the match look so 'not so fun' anymore to watch...well, thanks for clearing that up. Thought i f-ucked up my ut2004 settings or something..
                            that's how I play the game normally, the weapons just get in the way all the time.

Comment

One would think that since it's merely a playback of transmitted data that basic interpretation of exiting data could be used in the placement of the proper weapon on screen during a demo. IE since the demo records weapon fire coming from a certain individual (though I could be wrong, it might just be recording that there was weapon fire at those coordinates from one point to another) it could simply assume the correct weapon based on the weapon fire graffic (bullets or energy streaks coming from the player in question). Of course this once again assumes that weapon effects are tied to a specific player in the demo data, not simply that there was weapon fire along a vector (IE shots between 2 points with a basic direction).

Comment

Working...
                              X