Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Auto-Taunt have a purpose? Other than Identifying the Beginners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it as an audio-confirmation of my kills ...

Of course for it to work perfectly I'd need a real dry soldier/robot-voice instead of the standard-voicepacks.

ie stuff like :
    - Hostile eliminated
    - Tango down
    - Alien lifeform terminated

Comment

Originally posted by herryoyo
      The only real use for it that I can see is for the Same Team comments IF you have friendly fire on.
      Good god, man!!! The "same team" autotaunt is the number one reason I don't play them. Man that thing is irritating... especially when I say it.

But yeah, the cool thing about not playing autotaunts is that when you hear one, you know whoever it was meant it. And nothing's more satisfying than making a really good set of kills, pressing NumPad8 (in my case) and letting rip with a good "Eat THAT!!"

Conversely, I'll admit that when everybody's autotaunting it's pretty funny... and when playing offline it gives you a good indicator of how your bot teammates are doing without checking the chatbox.

Thanks@UnknownAlias

@JaFo: heh... INFer. :haha::up:

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
        Thanks@UnknownAlias
        NP one of the few things that made me instantly laugh soon I read it.

Comment

Well like I said, Discord... only ***IF*** friendly fire is on.

If it's off, then yes, it's retardedly annoying since you can't actually kill the ****** who's spamming your vehicle with "SAME TEAM" 900 times.

At least with FF on, you'd just run over them and not have to hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by herryoyo
            Well like I said, Discord... only ***IF*** friendly fire is on.

If it's off, then yes, it's retardedly annoying since you can't actually kill the ****** who's spamming your vehicle with "SAME TEAM" 900 times.

At least with FF on, you'd just run over them and not have to hear it.
            Heh... srry for the skim there. I could see that being helpful...

Comment

The auto taunts get me all hyped, I actually forget that the person I just fragged can hear it too, so I guess that's just a perk. Plus I'm big on cutting on every game option on I can that my computer can handle, extra options = extra fun.

Comment

Working...
              X