Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Auto-Taunt have a purpose? Other than Identifying the Beginners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Auto-Taunt have a purpose? Other than Identifying the Beginners?

I use the term begginers because I hate the "N" word...

But does Auto-Taunt Server "ANY" purpose at all? I suppose if you really stretched the argument you could say it adds to ambience...

But there's just something really pathetic about killing a guy over and over and over again, and then they finally wear you down and a little voice comes on and says "YOU SUCK"...

it's stopped being funny and now it's just sorta sad...

I don't really blame the players... because it's easy to zoom through the setup and see a little button that says "auto-taunt?" and say... "sure, why not..."

Its to **** off the other guy. Think of it as inspirational words. Obviously you are ****** now, if you didn't leave that game and just stayed you would have been 10x more motivated to kill that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by
      Its to **** off the other guy. Think of it as inspirational words. Obviously you are ****** now, if you didn't leave that game and just stayed you would have been 10x more motivated to kill that guy.

unfortunately, I'm pathetically UN-******....

But maybe you've accidently steared into a sort-of answer....

Maybe the auto-taunt is used to make people under-estimate you.

Comment

buttercup
        Turn off auto taunts, I've had it off now for a couple of years- saves a lot a grief.

Cola

Comment

Originally posted by colamann1
          buttercup
          Turn off auto taunts, I've had it off now for a couple of years- saves a lot a grief.

Cola
          I have mine off, but if someone else has theirs on, you still hear them.

Comment

When I play and I hear anyone say anything directed towards me it puts me headstrong into a killing frenzy. Probably because I think I'm better than everyone and that no one has the right to tell me to F*** off. Who knows....

Comment

turn all my taunts off.. they are lame.. if you want to taunt me then take the time to type it out or say it with voice chat

Comment

Eh, only annoying when you get killed as you know that the taunt wasn't hand-picked as it just comes up too quickly and for no real good reason (it's like seasoning—you only need so much of it). If someone were sniping and being a serious problem (or just an annoyance) and you put them down, then a taunt would be good. Essentially taunts are only really appropriate for tougher fights—at least that's what I figure.

Comment

Originally posted by buttercup
                  I have mine off, but if someone else has theirs on, you still hear them.

In the audio settings, there's a pulldown menu that gives you the option of not playing other peoples' auto- taunts. Look for it... it's ultranice.

Comment

Auto taunt is lame use bind the taunt instead is np!

like NICE or etc

Comment

I'm a proud auto-taunter since the very beginning because I like ******* people off and I do it over and over again.

Did ya like that?

Comment

Originally posted by C1CB01
                        I'm a proud auto-taunter since the very beginning because I like ******* people off and I do it over and over again.

Did ya like that?

You play like a girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                          You play like a girl.
                          Die, *****!

Comment

Originally posted by Discord
                            You play like a girl.

LOL btw I love your signature.

Comment

The only real use for it that I can see is for the Same Team comments IF you have friendly fire on.

Otherwise, eh, the taunts are fun and all, but the insta taunts just take all of the possible sting out of taunting someone.
                              To really insult someone, it takes a bit of wit and a quick mind. The wit is purely to make everyone else laugh. Nothing stings quite so much as getting zinged and having everyone else laughing at you at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X