This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, great. Just got a NetSky-Virus mail from "jack@epicgames.com"

Either that guy at Epic has the virus and it spreads throughout his contacts (wich leaves the question why my address is in there :bulb: ) or someone else sent it with a faked address.

Anyone else got this?

It contained a ZIP holding a screensaver that pretented to be a Word document :haha:

Well, of course I didn't open it, so I didn't actually "get" the virus (I actually didn't even d/l the mail ) - a new way to spread out CD-Key stealers, maybe?

Netsky sends out emails FROM addresses you have on your computer, not just in your mail program. Most likely it's from someone who has jack @ epicgames dot com somewhere on his hard drive, not jack himself.

Comment

Ah.... ok, that makes sense :up:

Comment

Usually viruses mail from addresses from your in/outbox or your address list. Meaning this mail could have come from anyone that ever sent to or received a mail from jack @epicgames.com.

Comment

I've been getting a lot of **** mail lately saying "Here's the document you requested!" or "Secure document attached!"
          All from addresses I never seen before.
          1. I am not stupid enough to dl ***** from an email I don't know
          2. Virus writers must be getting lazy
          or 3. People are getting dumber by the second

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
            I've been getting a lot of **** mail lately saying "Here's the document you requested!" or "Secure document attached!"
            I'll take "Dumber by the second" for 1000 Alex.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel
              You do realize you are more likely to get a virus from someone you do know, those contact lists are a funny thing.

Comment

I got a mail from administrator@fueger.org telling me that I have a virus on my HD and I should run the attached .exe.

If there was an adress like the above, it would have been MINE, and I wouldn't send e-mails to myself telling me I have a virus. :bulb: since I do all my internet activity via MacOS classic where all these viruses/trojans/worms don't work.

Comment

Originally posted by DaysAway
                  :haha::up:

Originally posted by fuegerstef
                  I got a mail from administrator@fueger.org [...]
                  That one's sweet

Comment

Originally posted by DaysAway
                    Ah but you did not say it in the form of a question.

Comment

Originally posted by FuseFF
                      You do realize you are more likely to get a virus from someone you do know, those contact lists are a funny thing.
                      Then I got one of a couple forums that I need to remove my email from
                      The one I got the crapmails from is only used for forums like this one

Comment

i've gotten several viruses and attempted intrusions after posting "controversial" things on forums. none have made it through, but they were attempted. 2 people on this forum have tried to send me shiit from yahoo mail and hotmail, not knowing that those services scan for viruses and delete them when you use the services. dumbasses.

Comment

Most of them I have it set up so that I can't be emailed by users, only mods/admins and thread reply alerts

Comment

LOL, your'e paranoid aren't you? and you didnt read the second post. It's unlikey anyone considers you important enough to risk going to gaol for sending viruses to you, just because you've been controversial, by the look of your WL, you've completely failed to say anything controversial anyway

Your address is probably in some infected PCs address book and is being used a destination and source address for sending the virus, so to a lot of people, it looks like _you_ are the one that is infected.

I dont imagine anyone at Epic, Symantic, Microsoft, IBM has a virus, but that doesnt stop me being sent thousands a day, appparently from official email addresses from these organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by Evile
                              LOL, your'e paranoid aren't you? and you didnt read the second post. It's unlikey anyone considers you important enough to risk going to gaol for sending viruses to you, just because you've been controversial, by the look of your WL, you've completely failed to say anything controversial anyway

Your address is probably in some infected PCs address book and is being used a destination and source address for sending the virus, so to a lot of people, it looks like _you_ are the one that is infected.

I dont imagine anyone at Epic, Symantic, Microsoft, IBM has a virus, but that doesnt stop me being sent thousands a day, appparently from official email addresses from these organisations.
                              You're probably one of the *******s who tried sending me shiit. go frag yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X