Multi-processor support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi-processor support

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I didn't find it in my searches. I'm wondering if UT2K4 has multi-processor support or support for Hyperthreaded processors. In other words, does the game take advantage of the fact that there is an extra processor? Anyone know?

Thanks!

That i dont know.. but we have our server running at a hyperthreading proccesor and the handy part of it is that we run multiple servers and the proccesor and they both us there own procesor and dont stand eachother in the way.. i think that when u have hyperthreading is on you game goes faster?? dunno for sure but if some one knows i wanna know to

Comment

it doesnt (have multi proc support)

Comment

No, I don't think so. I don't notice a difference if I turn off SMP, but it does make a difference if you are doing a lot of stuff in the background. When I run Seti@home, while UT2004 is running, a work unit takes significantly longer if I have SMP off than if I have it on.

Comment

Thanks for the info, guys! :up:

Comment

no it doesnt have multi processor support. But I'll tell ya what you can do to make use of that second processor. Just set all your background applications that are running (basically everything besides UT) to cpu 1, and then you have cpu 2 solely for UT. :up:

Comment

The only benefit of having multiple or hyperthreaded procs with UT is if your running multiple servers.

I got a server with a 2.8GHz HT 1MB Intel Proc. When I divide the games between the two proc threads with FireDaemon, I seem to be able to utilize more of the entire processor. When I don't, the games get laggy, sporadic, and the first proc thread gets completely pegged.

Comment

Nope, UT2004 doesn't support SMP, and probably wont for a while.
                The main reason is so they don't have to worry about race conditions, which can cause major troubles in a game like this.

Comment

Working...
                X