Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robot skins not shooting in the right direction

Has this been mentioned before?

I've noticed that the robot skins, like Cobalt and Corrosion will appear to be shooting in one direction when they crouch, but are actually shooting in another. Like last night, someone using the cobalt skin was crouched and shooting forward, and I came up beside him only to find out he was shooting at me.

I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed this as well. I remember this being an issue in 2K3, but I haven't been able to find any threads regarding this for 2k4.

I've seen it yes but not as "much" as in ut2003.It happens but very rare.And i don't think it has anything to do whit the models,i've seen it in multiplayer(in ut2003) whit other models as you say.

Comment

I have noticed the robots shotting at 90 degrees to their direction of aim

Have also noticed the machine gun on top of the tank shooting in all sorts of directions!!!

Sloppy

Comment

Originally posted by FlakMagnet
        I have noticed the robots shotting at 90 degrees to their direction of aim

Have also noticed the machine gun on top of the tank shooting in all sorts of directions!!!

Sloppy
        Here's something to try, hop in the tank, start shooting the machine gun in one direction, now press 1 to switch back to driver. The animation doesn't stop playing :weird:
        dunno if others besides the driver sees this tho.

Comment

are you sure it wasn't a bot? i've never seen a real player do that... but bots do it all the time.

another thing i noticed when i was spectating bots to get some screenshots, is that when cathode (this might happen with other models, but i'm not sure) picked up dual assault rifles... she was holding one of them backwards, shooting herself with it... this happened every time she had 2 assault rifles.

Comment

another thing i noticed when i was spectating bots to get some screenshots, is that when cathode (this might happen with other models, but i'm not sure) picked up dual assault rifles... she was holding one of them backwards, shooting herself with it... this happened every time she had 2 assault rifles.
            You probably have the old model box checked for assault rifle, dont you? I had the same thing, but it corrected itself once I started using the default model again.

Comment

Re: Robot skins not shooting in the right direction

Originally posted by [NBS]Flak
              Has this been mentioned before?

I've noticed that the robot skins, like Cobalt and Corrosion will appear to be shooting in one direction when they crouch, but are actually shooting in another. Like last night, someone using the cobalt skin was crouched and shooting forward, and I came up beside him only to find out he was shooting at me.

I'm wondering if it's just me or if anyone else has noticed this as well. I remember this being an issue in 2K3, but I haven't been able to find any threads regarding this for 2k4.
              Yeah, noticed that in 2k3 the first week.

The robots do that with the mini and link.

I used to exploit it in a ffa DM, whip the mini out, crouch and it gives you a couple of seconds on an opponent before they figure out you're actually firing at them....when the mini is obviously pointing to the right

Comment

its the speed of the model turning, most models are ok but but some turn really slowly. compare that to the speed in which players actually turn and u see why it happens.
                this causes shots 2 appear at the wrong angle.
                atari/epic should fix it as u dont realise that someone is actually about 2 shoot u!

Comment

Working...
                X