Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by JoeShmoe
    Sometimes after loading a map I get stuck and can't move. Takes a couple of sec to type in suicide.
    Great help there JoeShmoe, that's been happening to me to at times, that will be a big help : >

And more thanks to jexx_lc & Glopes for the demo recording stuff. : ) maybe I'll start actually making demos now X-)

_______
    Would a person hear themselves scream after being fragged? ^..^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by -=BT=-joepjens
    but what about how the name of the demo??
    Make the demothing in the user.ini look like this:

[DemoRecording]
    DemoMask=Demo %d %p %m (%t)

It'll give demo's names like: Demo_4-7-2004_>Lopes_DM-Deck17_(82557592).demo4

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so i will get default
    default1
    default2

or should i do it after every match because otherwise it writes over the old default??
    You can change how the game writes the default name for the demos.

In your User.ini go to
    [DemoRecording]
    Demomask=blah blah blah

%d = Date
    %m = Map
    %t = Time

I have mine setup like Demomask=Demo_%m_%d_%t

The timestamp looks funky, but you should keep it in there so each demo is assigned a unique key. Otherwise if you play the same map in the same day, the first one will get overwritten.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    pouring some wine, lighting a smoke, getting a pepsi, making a sandwich, using the bathroom, walking the dog, looking out the window, doing drugs, writing poetry, falling out of their chair, falling asleep, wondering what everyone is doing standing around or probably waiting for the game to load...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sometimes after loading a map I get stuck and can't move. Takes a couple of sec to type in suicide.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    Thats only Assult
    or TTM

When it comes.......... i wonder when :cry:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    They're probably waiting for thier game to load... at least thats why I do it...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i do it, i starting to record an demo every match at the begining (most of the times i get killed and will be 2kills behind)
    AFAIK you can bind any console command to a key. That way you won't be killed while trying to type the command.

EDIT: didn't see that others had already said this. NM

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by X4N
    There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start.
    It's been a while since I played competitively, but in all UT99 leagues that I played in you had to wait until all players had pressed fire before the match would start. Obviously this isn't a good idea on public servers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by X4N
    There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start. That way all the slower people are in before the game begins. Should be on as default IMO.
    It was used quite a lot in the TTM mods. Was one of the better features if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but what about how the name of the demo??
    It'll be default...go to Demos folder and rename it after

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by KriLL3
    Thats only Assult
    Aye. But it should be on other game modes.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by X4N
    There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start. That way all the slower people are in before the game begins. Should be on as default IMO.
    Thats only Assult

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i do it, i starting to record an demo every match at the begining (most of the times i get killed and will be 2kills behind)
    set input f5 demorec
    set input f6 stopdemo
    set input f7 command here like stat fps etc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X