Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People standing still at the beginning of a game

Hello.

I've noticed this a few times when a deathmatch begins.
    I'll be like sprinting off to get some weapons & notice the odd player standing perfectly still.
    Cant resist shooting them down to get 1st blood.

I wonder why they do it?

The could be going to the bathroom or any number of other things, or they haven't turned off preload player skins and they aren't in yet.

Comment

The dont do anything.. all load maps in diff speeds... in ONS i'm always the one to load... so I always get a 3 2 1 ... while others complain that they miss that feature from UT2003! (they load so slow they never see it)

And my rig is FAR from fast... it's mid range

Comment

I usually play in instagib and when they vote for a map I don't have downloaded yet and they do, it seems my player is placed in the map before I even get there so when I finally am able to move about I'm already killed 3 or 4 times. I think it's funny, but it only happens when I don't have the map or my internet connection lags for a few moments.

Comment

They're still loading the textures for the level as they have a slower machine...

Comment

Press F1 and take a look at their ping. If it's 999 then they are still loading.

Comment

Originally posted by -=BT=-joepjens
              i do it, i starting to record an demo every match at the begining (most of the times i get killed and will be 2kills behind)
              set input f5 demorec
              set input f6 stopdemo
              set input f7 command here like stat fps etc

Comment

There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start. That way all the slower people are in before the game begins. Should be on as default IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by X4N
                  There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start. That way all the slower people are in before the game begins. Should be on as default IMO.
                  Thats only Assult

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                    Thats only Assult
                    Aye. But it should be on other game modes.

Comment

but what about how the name of the demo??
                      It'll be default...go to Demos folder and rename it after

Comment

Originally posted by X4N
                        It was used quite a lot in the TTM mods. Was one of the better features if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by X4N
                          There is a feature i've seen in a couple servers where it has a 1 minute practice session at the start.
                          It's been a while since I played competitively, but in all UT99 leagues that I played in you had to wait until all players had pressed fire before the match would start. Obviously this isn't a good idea on public servers

Comment

Originally posted by -=BT=-joepjens
                            i do it, i starting to record an demo every match at the begining (most of the times i get killed and will be 2kills behind)
                            AFAIK you can bind any console command to a key. That way you won't be killed while trying to type the command.

EDIT: didn't see that others had already said this. NM

Comment

They're probably waiting for thier game to load... at least thats why I do it...

Comment

Working...
                              X