Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

I thought you can't spawn at a node under attack?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you can't spawn at a node under attack?

cause it seems to happen all the time. I get crushed by a manta and spawn right where I died only to get owned again cause I haven't even had a chance to move yet or run to the weapon locker.

what always happends to me is i kill 4 guys at a node.. start to attack the node then somehow someone spawned there and then ends up killing me...

they shouldn't be able to spawn there if i was attacking it :-\

Comment

well the respawn's are pretty much instant... so you have to make sure your aiming at the node as soon as he drops.

Comment

The actual node has to be under attack, so like if you're just killing the guys, the'll still be able to spawn there. That's all I know.

Comment

So what you should do is take a shot at the node before you kill the guy. Even if it's just an AR shot, you have to hit the node so it'll be "under attack" for a few seconds while you clear the area.

Comment

ya, the time is about 3 seconds, so its smart to focus on the node, dodging the other guys blows, then just pic em off when they try to fill the node up again

Comment

with slower weapons i aim every other shot at the node.

Comment

You must hit the node so it flashes before you attacks the enemy player in the node.

Torlon is the best example of a map where you can control player spawn with hitscan weapons from a distance.

I can prevent players from spawning anywhere but their spawn with the LG and Shock with a slow rate of fire. This prevents them from defending the last node quickly and it prevents them from grabbing a tank before I can destroy it.

Comment

Bots have no problems spawning at power nodes under direct fire. Vehicles will always respawn unless a node is neutral.

Comment

finally some good input. - thanx :up: i'm so tired of all the spam and OT stuff...

Comment

I always focus solely on the node and forget the guys for just that reason. Half the time even if you are attacking a node, people will spawn after u kill them. Since I am almost always in a Manta I shoot at the node while trying to run over the other people there.

Comment

Working...
                      X