Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Anyone with a Nivida video card that support dual monitors,

Does your “Horizontal Span” mode work with a single widescreen monitor?

I am just wondering if that is a better way to display widescreen games on a single monitor?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Deathboy9000
    There is no 'n' in 'Turrets'!
    TURRENTS!

did you use to play Subspace?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Addicted to the Matrox Parhelia

Originally posted by threadbane
    I do not get options such as 1280x720. Still, it will give me 70 fps so I should not complain.

One thing I really appreciate about the Unreal engine is that is really supports these odd aspect ratios very, very well.

Also, thanks Socio for the link to the Widescreen Gaming Forum. I had not previously known about this resource.
    Your welcome!

You can use 1280X720 in most games even though it does not give you that selection in the menu, you just have to input that res in the the games ini or config file. In the case of UT2004 you change your res to 1280X720 in the UT2004.ini.

You can find more info at that Widescren Gaming forum and at Tigerdave's on how this is done in other games.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Addicted to the Matrox Parhelia

What sucked me into modern FPS gaming was the surround gaming feature on the Matrox Parhelia which I got for desktop publishing. This will run across 3 monitors (I use 2400 x 600). FPS are adequate in UT2004 in the low 30s mostly.

Later, I lucked into an OEM model of the earlier version of the GDM W900 at a computer fair for $200. I have been using this on my newer gaming machine at 1920 x 1200 with the Radeon 9800XT, as no lower resolution offered by the card fits the native 10:16 aspect of the monitor - I do not get options such as 1280x720. Still, it will give me 70 fps so I should not complain.

One thing I really appreciate about the Unreal engine is that is really supports these odd aspect ratios very, very well.

Also, thanks Socio for the link to the Widescreen Gaming Forum. I had not previously known about this resource.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Cool, ill stick with my flat screen though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't usually abbreviate, but...

OMFG :up:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OOOOH ****!

Now thats widescreen gaming!

I want to do that bad, I can just imagine what Doom3 would be like on that big screen in high res with surround sound and the lights off, that would be so freaking awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Re: Widescreen Gaming Rocks!

Originally posted by Socio
    Widescreen Gaming Rocks!
    Yep, I agree. It does rock. Here's my 64" Pioneer HDTV setup with UT2004 running at 1776x1000 (1.77:1 aspect ratio). Nothing is stretched. Round objects appear round.

It says "SIMULATION" because the only way I could show both the 1776x1000 screenshot and the monitor in the daylight is to photoshop the screen cap over the photo. Plus, photographs of CRT displays always look crappy due to sync/shutter speed issues. For more Widescreen Gaming Tricks and Tips, check my signature below.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a really cool Dell Laptop that runs at 1920x1200. I usually get around 20-30fps in UT2004.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mercy!! :-)

that would even help my 52-year-old eyes see better!! :-)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey 51mmz0rz,
    I've got a similiar spec machine, 1.5GHz Pentium M, 1680x1050 rez wide screen, ATI mobility 9200 with 64M video memory, 512MB system memory, and at the native rez I can only get approx 15-16 fps. It rocks at 800x600, but it looks really nice at the native rez.

How did you get 30 fps? What settings did you turn down?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    indeed...

Indeed it does rock. Back around Christmas I picked up a $1150 Viewsonic projector off Ebay. Sweet deal - 1024x768 native screen rez and HDTV inputs.

Whether I'm using the Xbox or the PC, I can get a crisp, clear image stretched out across my wall at about 7' to 10' diagonal. Though I haven't had time to hook it up and try out UT2004 yet, but games like Warcraft 3 and Soul Calibur 2 look awesome.

Some of the chicks on SC2 have jugs as big as your head!

Not that I look for that in a game :haha:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I agree,

I play on a 23" cinema and there is nothing better than that.

Wider is better unless its your girlfriend

Nick

Leave a comment:

• replied
    screenies look good mate

BTW, the pics should be jpg, not gif.

JPG - many colours -(correct spelling where i live)
    GIF - minimal colours

Leave a comment:

• replied
    C44U: you might want to look around the ArsTechnica Audio/Video forum, you can find answers to a lot of questions there and if not, you can always post a thread about it, and hopefullyy ou'll either get an answer, or someone may direct you to another site for help!! :-)

Socio, i apologize for the flame - i must have been a little cranky at that hour of the morning!! :-(

i need more Prozac...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X