Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OOOOH ****!

Now thats widescreen gaming!

I want to do that bad, I can just imagine what Doom3 would be like on that big screen in high res with surround sound and the lights off, that would be so freaking awesome!

Comment

I don't usually abbreviate, but...

OMFG :up:

Comment

Cool, ill stick with my flat screen though.

Comment

Addicted to the Matrox Parhelia

What sucked me into modern FPS gaming was the surround gaming feature on the Matrox Parhelia which I got for desktop publishing. This will run across 3 monitors (I use 2400 x 600). FPS are adequate in UT2004 in the low 30s mostly.

Later, I lucked into an OEM model of the earlier version of the GDM W900 at a computer fair for $200. I have been using this on my newer gaming machine at 1920 x 1200 with the Radeon 9800XT, as no lower resolution offered by the card fits the native 10:16 aspect of the monitor - I do not get options such as 1280x720. Still, it will give me 70 fps so I should not complain.

One thing I really appreciate about the Unreal engine is that is really supports these odd aspect ratios very, very well.

Also, thanks Socio for the link to the Widescreen Gaming Forum. I had not previously known about this resource.

Comment

Re: Addicted to the Matrox Parhelia

Originally posted by threadbane
            I do not get options such as 1280x720. Still, it will give me 70 fps so I should not complain.

One thing I really appreciate about the Unreal engine is that is really supports these odd aspect ratios very, very well.

Also, thanks Socio for the link to the Widescreen Gaming Forum. I had not previously known about this resource.
            Your welcome!

You can use 1280X720 in most games even though it does not give you that selection in the menu, you just have to input that res in the the games ini or config file. In the case of UT2004 you change your res to 1280X720 in the UT2004.ini.

You can find more info at that Widescren Gaming forum and at Tigerdave's on how this is done in other games.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathboy9000
              There is no 'n' in 'Turrets'!
              TURRENTS!

did you use to play Subspace?

Comment

Anyone with a Nivida video card that support dual monitors,

Does your “Horizontal Span” mode work with a single widescreen monitor?

I am just wondering if that is a better way to display widescreen games on a single monitor?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X