No announcement yet.

Widescreen Gaming Rocks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if your'e trying to brag, i'm not impressed - you still don't say how large the viewing area is or the diagonal measurements, i.e., 20" 21", etc...

i've had a Syncmaster 1200NF 22" monitor which is certainly wider than it is tall - viewing area 12" x 16", but i never thought of jumping on a forum just to brag about it...

Comment

ohmygoddess thats the monitor i always wanted - dont tell me how good a deal you got good score, that monitor is the best! :up: i have a sony 21" trinitron ibm branded p260 which i love, but i always wanted that monitor it just rocks, enjoy!

Comment

I run 1680x1050 on my widescreen laptop. It only runs at ~30 FPS because my 1.6p4, 9200m, and 512 RAM though. Still good fun though.

Comment

does anyone know how to get ut2k4 running across two monitors?

I've been searching through the forums but so far it's been quite fruitless

Comment

Originally posted by UnrealGrrl
            ohmygoddess thats the monitor i always wanted - dont tell me how good a deal you got good score, that monitor is the best! :up: i have a sony 21" trinitron ibm branded p260 which i love, but i always wanted that monitor it just rocks, enjoy!
            I wanted it for a long time and when I found out that Sony was going to stop making them I had to bust out my savings and get one while I still could.

CoffinDancer,

This is thread is about widescreen gaming, not about me bragging about a monitor, I just wanted to show others how awesome this seldom used way of displaying games looks.

deusmetallum,

What video card are you using?

Comment

quite nice! still a widescreen flat panel screen still to expinsive for me... someday..... :P

Comment

Originally posted by deusmetallum
                does anyone know how to get ut2k4 running across two monitors?

I've been searching through the forums but so far it's been quite fruitless
                if you have a Radeon, you need to install Hydravision software.

Been toying with it myself, but so far I cant figure it out either.

Comment

C44U: you might want to look around the ArsTechnica Audio/Video forum, you can find answers to a lot of questions there and if not, you can always post a thread about it, and hopefullyy ou'll either get an answer, or someone may direct you to another site for help!! :-)

Socio, i apologize for the flame - i must have been a little cranky at that hour of the morning!! :-(

i need more Prozac...

Comment

screenies look good mate

BTW, the pics should be jpg, not gif.

JPG - many colours -(correct spelling where i live)
                    GIF - minimal colours

Comment

I agree,

I play on a 23" cinema and there is nothing better than that.

Wider is better unless its your girlfriend

Nick

Comment

indeed...

Indeed it does rock. Back around Christmas I picked up a $1150 Viewsonic projector off Ebay. Sweet deal - 1024x768 native screen rez and HDTV inputs.

Whether I'm using the Xbox or the PC, I can get a crisp, clear image stretched out across my wall at about 7' to 10' diagonal. Though I haven't had time to hook it up and try out UT2004 yet, but games like Warcraft 3 and Soul Calibur 2 look awesome.

Some of the chicks on SC2 have jugs as big as your head!

Not that I look for that in a game :haha:

Comment

Hey 51mmz0rz,
                          I've got a similiar spec machine, 1.5GHz Pentium M, 1680x1050 rez wide screen, ATI mobility 9200 with 64M video memory, 512MB system memory, and at the native rez I can only get approx 15-16 fps. It rocks at 800x600, but it looks really nice at the native rez.

How did you get 30 fps? What settings did you turn down?

Comment

mercy!! :-)

that would even help my 52-year-old eyes see better!! :-)

Comment

I have a really cool Dell Laptop that runs at 1920x1200. I usually get around 20-30fps in UT2004.

Comment

Re: Widescreen Gaming Rocks!

Originally posted by Socio
                                Widescreen Gaming Rocks!
                                Yep, I agree. It does rock. Here's my 64" Pioneer HDTV setup with UT2004 running at 1776x1000 (1.77:1 aspect ratio). Nothing is stretched. Round objects appear round.

It says "SIMULATION" because the only way I could show both the 1776x1000 screenshot and the monitor in the daylight is to photoshop the screen cap over the photo. Plus, photographs of CRT displays always look crappy due to sync/shutter speed issues. For more Widescreen Gaming Tricks and Tips, check my signature below.

Comment

Working...
                                X