Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Widescreen Gaming Rocks!

Widescreen Gaming Rocks!

I recently purchased a widescreen monitor and have since converted all the games I currently play to widescreen format. I through together a quick site with some before and after pic’s including UT2004 to make you drool.

There are a lot of pic’s so be patient it could take a minute or so to load!

Widescreen Pic's page 1

Widescreen pic's page 2

Now this is how it was ment to be played!

yeah im curious - im looking to get a second monitor, whatd you get?

pics look very cool :up: what fov are you using in UT?

Comment

Very sweet indeed, Im also curious as to what monitor you got and what resolution your running the game at.

Comment

great everything is streched out of propotions noob:up:

Good to watching movies.. not that good for the rest

Comment

the hud looks stretched
          i hate stretched things

Comment

I got a deal on a Sony GDM FW900 CRT, I love EBay!

Sony stopped making CRT’s in favor of LCD’s so they are hard to find but one hell of a monitor. As long at you get a widescreen monitor that can handle up to 1920X1200 you should be able to run at all widescreens resolutions.

I run most of my games at 1280X720, and I use FOV @ 106 for UT2004 and Unreal2

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine_X
              the hud looks stretched
              i hate stretched things
              ya I agree.. i thought i was just me.. appearently not... its not like u can see more of an area or anything...

I stick wit my 19in CRT.. I was thinking about getting an LCD but then decided against it.. cause i was thinking about if i got a dead pixel or something on the screen it would annoy the **** out of me...

Comment

Originally posted by KriLL3
                great everything is streched out of propotions noob:up:

Good to watching movies.. not that good for the rest
                Nah,
                In the games only BFV looks a bit streched and you dont even notice it after a playing a while and thats because there is no FOV adjustment for it. The others appear normal in the game, you just see more to the left & right.

Comment

Originally posted by Jermaine_X
                  the hud looks stretched
                  i hate stretched things

Comment

Fov 125 same efect!

Comment

You can see more I don't know what your talkin about!!

Look at the 1st pic on the second page- top pic you can see 4 lite bars on either side- on the next pic you can see 5 on either side.

Cola

Comment

the images are poorly sized.. the non widescreen images are 512x384 and the widescreen once are 760x480 meaning... you made the widescreen images bigger and that's why they look better...

Compare to screens of same since one widescreen the other not.. both got same screen since... and the widescreen is wider but aint as high... meaning no advantage at all

Comment

No I merely reduced the size and kept the same aspect ratio so that I could put them on that site. That website host has a file size limitation, they are as big as I could make them and I assure you they are identical to the full size versions. They are like a wallet size of version of an 8x10 photo, same exact image just smaller.

Also the widescreen version were bigger to begin, with, higher res=bigger pic, so naturally even reduced they are still bigger.

Comment

There are a lot more widescreen pics here check them out;

Widescreen screenshot thread

Comment

Originally posted by Socio
                              There are a lot more widescreen pics here check them out;

Widescreen screenshot thread
                              name and password.. not today man.. I am feeling lazy...

Comment

Working...
                              X