Do pros use...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do pros use...

I was wondering if pros use "hit sounds" (I think that's what it's called).

afaik to get hitsounds it has to be a serverside mutator such at TTM or TCM (or whatever its new name is).

and yes, most the "pros" play with some kind of mutator like ttm.

Comment

Yes, all pros use hitsounds.

and the next question is... Do they use normal hitsounds or the new "line of sight" hitsounds.

answer is... normal, the majority are in favour of using normal atm.

Comment

Re: Do pros use...

Originally posted by bobdole235
        I was wondering if pros use "hit sounds" (I think that's what it's called).
        IMO it is nothing else than a cheat!
        if somebody needs it to be good he is no Pro... get it? cuz you are a Pro if you dont need it, so why should you use it then?
        nothing else to say...

same for TTM = NOOB S.H.I.T FOR CHEATERS

Comment

Originally posted by cozm0
          answer is... normal, the majority are in favour of using normal atm.
          Actually, just about all TTM servers I've seen used line of sight hitsounds...

Comment

How are hitsounds a cheat? Knowing you hit someone doesn't help you kill them faster. Most things like UTComp include hitsounds, in which case everyone will have them.

Pro's don't need hitsounds to be good, it's just an added feature.

UTcomp / TTM = serverside, therefore, they aren't cheats. You may not agree with the usage of them, so don't play on servers that use them. Such ignorance :down:.

Comment

...Hitsounds? ^^;

Comment

Hitsounds are a great little feature. After playing Q3 with them, I really miss them in UT.

Comment

I like them, but don't need them to know I hit someone. I mean you'll see the blood and if you play with ambient sound off you can hear them very easily.

Nailing flak shots is pretty satisfying with hitsounds, so many 'dink's

Comment

LOS hitsounds = ok, sometimes you cant see blood spurting out from behind a lightning bolt or whatnot.

Non LOS hitsounds= bad, encourages spamming around corners. lame.

Comment

Re: Re: Do pros use...

Originally posted by Felerian
                      IMO it is nothing else than a cheat!
                      if somebody needs it to be good he is no Pro... get it? cuz you are a Pro if you dont need it, so why should you use it then?
                      nothing else to say...

same for TTM = NOOB S.H.I.T FOR CHEATERS
                      Adding hit sounds only add to the competitive nature of the game. This allows you to estimate the level of health/armor your opponents have and the effectiveness of your shots. This is a server-side mutator, meaning everyone in the game has them, not only a single player.
                      Anyone at a "pro" level could easily tear apart most other players even without the hit sounds. BUT, competitive players would rather use hit sounds, not totally require their use.

"TTM = NOOB S.H.I.T FOR CHEATERS"
                      If you consider people who use TTM to be a "NOOB" then, please, play me with out the use of TTM, so I can learn how a talented and skilled player plays.

In my opinion, you sounds very ignorant in your understanding on this matter.

Comment

yeah...what he sed ^^^ :weird: :bulb:

Comment

God why is it that every time someone asks about a server side modification there is a legion of a$$hats screaming "cheater" and "pro?" Maybe you should play more and quit b|tching in the forum like an 8-year old girl with a skinned knee.

Comment

I'm really kind of split about TTM...on one hand, it's great, because UT2k4 gives you know indicator between a 199 HP behemoth and someone hobbling around in the single digits. But on the other hand, it kind of stinks to have everyone beating on the low health ones.

Actually, now that I think about it, there aren't any real cons to it, but I feel just as comfortable playing without it.

BTW, does anyone know if Pros use this?

Comment

For ****'s sake, how much hand holding do these "pros" need? Pathetic. Just play the ****ing game.

Comment

Working...
                              X